56 Years Old, 3 Grown Adults. - Halifax, Nova Scotia. Canada.

That fleshy thing on my belly just had to go. For...

That fleshy thing on my belly just had to go. For years I could not justify spending money on myself or being out of commission that long. But something possessed me to have a consultation with the plastic surgeon and a price estimate and I made the appointment and stuck to it. So very glad to have it done. It is hard some days to see through the discomfort but I think back and remind myself of that big ugly thing that I was carrying around. I have both the horizontal and the vertical incision so it's been a lot of healing, plus an infection 3 weeks after my surgery set me back a lot. I have a lot of clothes but haven't as yet tried any of them on but that will come I guess. My man has been great and of course we have found ways to have sex while my belly was so painful, now that is getting easier every day. A really weird thing to note is that he never noticed or cared about that thing on my belly that caused ME so much annoyance. When I told him I was having my surgery he didn't know what was wrong with my belly and why I wanted it done. But it was my money and he just shrugged and has been supportive and patient. He did want me to assure him that I wasn't doing it for him. Which I wasn't , I have been dreaming of it for years, and if was just the right time.

My Now.

My getting better every day results.

38 Days Post TT

I drove for 4 hours 3 days ago and I was exhausted. My belly was paining and hurting and tender. I wore my garment all day.
Still feel swollen and bloated. I can go without food from 4 pm till the next morning till 9 am and have an egg and a 0% yogurt cup and I feel as though I swallowed a whole entire turkey. Feeling soooo much pressure when I eat even a small amount of food feels like a 3 course meal. I guess that is a good thing but I was never a big eater.

Post TT and lipo 42 days.

It's December, 25. Yesterday I had my garment off 1/2 the day and on when I was driving. I still have a little place in my incision that is seeping and tons of hard lumps all along the incisions.
Here is the positive stuff:
I am extremely thankful for having the choice to have my TT.
I am thankful that the large mass of tummy that I could grab with both hands is gone. Yeah!
I am thankful that all my lower parts have been pulled forward to the position that they were pre- children.
I am thankful that I was able to take it easy for a month and just wallow in my discomfort.
I am thankful that when I sit down that old belly is not creeping down on top of my legs. Yeah!
I am thankful that I had this done because I thought about it for so long and dreamed about taking the time to 'just do it'. And I did it.
I am thankful for my surgeon. And the clinic staff and their helpfulness through the early days.
Enjoy the season everyone!
Dr. Louis Boileau

Wonderful friendly face, very down to earth. Great bedside manner. Nurses were lovely.