The Best Decision I've Ever Made! - Halesowen, UK

As a teenager I was always waiting for a 'growth...

As a teenager I was always waiting for a 'growth spurt' , growing up in padded bras and chicken fillets ... By 23 and still a flat 32A, I was fed up of feeling like something was always missing, always playing on my mind. I wouldn't look at my body in the mirror or let my boyfriend see me without a bra on.

I decided now was the time to do something about it and I started my research. I knew it would be a major life change and not something to take on lightly. I read up on the pros, cons and expectations before searching for a surgeon. That year I had my first consultation and came out unsure of myself... I didn't feel like the surgeon had really understood what I wanted or how I felt. I then left it a while until I came across another Surgeon's profile, Mr Guy D Sterne.

My first consultation with Mr Sterne was in November 2013. He has a very polite and reassuring manner that instantly put me at ease. He went through all the risks, explained the procedure in depth and told me what to expect after surgery. At this stage he also went through what size and shape I would like to achieve and we agreed on a large C cup- 280CC and a tear drop shape. I came out of my consultation extremely happy and excited. I soon had my operation date set- 17/04/13.

The night before my surgery I could barely sleep through the excitement and nerves. My mum drove me to the hospital and stayed with me to keep me calm. Dr Sterne once again went through everything before hand and made absolutely sure I was happy to go ahead. After surgery I felt tight chested but when I looked I couldn't have been happier. I'd finally had what I'd never had before.

Recovery was barely painful at all. Just tight, and at times a little uncomfortable. I had taken two weeks off work and had family on hand to make sure I was well looked after- minimal movement and absolutely no lifting up your arms!! The scars healed quickly and very well. I couldn't wait to start trying on new bras, although I stuck with the sports bras until my follow up consultation 6 weeks later. Mr Sterne was very happy with how the recovery was going- the scars were neat, no infections.

Looking back 9 months later, I have never regretted my decision, it really was the best one I've ever made. I'm now a very happy 34C and finally body confident! I would highly recommend my amazing surgeon to absolutely anyone and thank him for his wonderful work.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Mr Guy D Sterne has a very polite and reassuring manner that instantly put me at ease right from my first consultation. His Knowledge and experience certainly makes you feel you're in safe hands. He went through all the risks, explained the procedure in depth and told me what to expect after surgery. Mr Sterne has an exceptional understanding of what you would like to achieve and it was extremely reassuring to know we were both on the same page. At every stage of my experience he would address any concerns I might have had and made sure I was happy to continue. I would highly recommend my amazing surgeon to absolutely anyone and thank him for his wonderful work.