Scar Revision of Improperly Healed Scar That Caused Pain - Hackensack, NJ

Simple procedure, remove tiny scar buildup...

Simple procedure, remove tiny scar buildup surrounding a dissolvable stitch left under the skin. I told her I have EDS, connective tissue disorder (.01% of population), it was no problem for her. BUT, she kept injecting me w/lidocaine (no patience) until I broke out in a sweat & asked her to wait. She cauterized, I don't know why. She had circled the tiny spot I showed her, but removed the entire scar (out of my line of vision). When the lido wore off, it felt like a blowtorch to the area. Over a month later, I have pain when I move or fabric touches it. It is lumpy beneath the skin. She told me it was in my head because there's nothing "physiologically wrong" with me (she refused to look).

traumatized by simple scar revision

A tiny scar buildup surrounding a dissolvable stitch left under my skin was causing pain & was to be removed. Once the procedure started, the doc didn't have the patience to wait for the lidocaine to take effect so she kept injecting more until I broke out in a sweat & asked her to wait. She cauterized, I don't know why. I had shown her the tiny spot & she circled it but ended up cutting out the entire old scar (I felt her sawing, then saw the scrap of skin she removed on the table). When the lido wore off, it felt like a blowtorch to the area. Two months later, still extremely painful when I move or fabric touches it. She was very angry at me for not being grateful to her, refused to look at it, told me the pain is in my head told me I had to learn to cope with pain (she made my pain unimagineably worse), told me she helps traumatized women (though she tortured & dismissed me), and literally walked away from me after the stitches were out. The pain is horrific, I saw a dermatology surgeon for something else today & he said my nerves were probably damaged, could take a year or more to stop hurting, and he gave me a simple remedy to help make the pain less.

Avoid this surgeon at all costs, unless you heal very easily & well. If you are at all intimidated by doctors, stay away from this one. She doesn't let you finish a sentence, and blames you for her screw-ups. I have a connective tissue disorder (.01% of the population) & she pretended it wouldn't be a problem, then used it as a partial excuse for messing me up (though she insisted there was nothing physiologically wrong with me, which means she took $500 from me to do a procedure for no reason). I'm not convinced this one can think on her feet for anything out of the ordinary. Try asking her questions, telling her a concern, see if she will actually listen & not interrupt with her own conclusions based on her limited knowledge. I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy.
New York Plastic Surgeon

She lectured me on coping with pain, said I need faith in my doctor, & insisted she helps traumatized women. I think she was traumatized that she messed me up & didn't know what to do or was too lazy to take the time to do it right - we with EDS need a little extra effort). After she removed the second group of stitches (EDSers have trouble healing), she refused to look when I asked her about the pain & lumpiness. She told me it was "normal" & I shouldn't rub it. She literally turned her back on me, walked away. Neither she nor her mother (I was hoping a little more experience . . . ) are willing to even look. She took my cash, messed me up, blamed my connective tissue disorder, & turned her back. If your body is anything other than perfectly normal, I would stay far away from this woman. She will only do what is easy for her, no patience for anything else. And she will happily take your money & then blame you for her failure. I am in worse shape than ever, and now need to find someone to figure out what she did to my mutated collagen & try to get it fixed. She has zero compassion other than her fixed sentences she uses. Anything out of the normal, steer clear. Anyone with EDS, don't even think of her. She'll take your money, mess you up, blame you for upsetting her schedule, & walk away. Literally.