Bad Acne and Acne Scars, 29 Years Old. Been Battling Acne for 8 Years Now

Ok so I've tried everything so far to help with...

Ok so I've tried everything so far to help with acne and scars so I've come to term that I will most likely always have acne but I want to keep up with scars so I don't get scars on top of old scars and decided to try micro needling before I try the vampire facial. Today I had my first treatment and will have 2 more before I go on acutane.

Day 2

The redness has gone down and I only have light brushing on the chin.

After night wash!

I was told I would breakout day after and I'm happy to say I didn't get any new breakouts today and I'm praying that doesn't happen so I can heal properly.

Day 3

So today my face felt dry dry and there is sandpaper like feeling to some parts which is all normal, my Dr told me I might break out worse a couple days after which I didn't the second day but today I did notice it a bit more. The acne is still there but the surface of the scars seems to be improving. I'm so over trying anything anymore, I just need this fugly acne gone

Pic day 3

1 week update

Not sure how I feel about the procedure, do you notice a difference In Texture? It seems like the scars are not as deep and my face has a glow which is nice, it has evened my complexion! My pores are bigger then prior to the treatment, not sure if that's supposed to be a good thing and if they will shrink. So I have to be cautious as this could be a nightmare for my misbehaving skin.

11 days post Micro needling.

I see a difference in my complexion but not much on the scaring. I do have enlarged pores post procedure which I don't like and I'm hoping they will minimize. Acne of course is still active and driving me nuts.

Not sure if the procedure helped much besides my complexion!

My complexion is better but mg acne is still going on but much better since I stopped milk products, the scars don't seem to have gotten better. You guys please share your experiences if you've had this procedure and how it went for you and how many session you've had.

Update after giving up dairy.

So I've been dairy free for over a week now I believe, however I did end up going to someone's house for thanksgiving and I didn't want to bother the host with questions about my dairy free lifestyle so I ate anything that didn't seem to have dairy but I learned after that butter was a huge part of everything, that night I lit up. Besides that my skin is the calmest it's been in years.

1 month update

So it's been a month since I had my first micro-needling, wanted to update everyone before I go in for my second treatment on Monday. My skin has gone thru a lot this past month. It's starting to look calmer then when I started. Along with the micro I figured out my food intolerances, gave up on my antibiotics, and have only been using aczone and Ziana topical creams along with a simple Nivea moisturizer and sunscreen. I talked a little about possible foods that may have been causing my acne bc I was on antibiotics for to long for my comfort and had no results. I did blood work for food allergies and I was not allergic to anything, later did the pinner intolerances test and received my results, I am intolerant to avocados which sucks bc I love my guac, coconut which I can live without. sesame seeds, this is going to be hard to avoid as it's in most breads and I love my bread. Egg whites, like seriously eggs are in everything and I can kiss my eggs Benny good bye, this one really sucks bc I love eggs. And lastly amaranth which I don't even know much about but I never eat it. One thing I wish this tested for is intolerance to different alcohols and or ingredients in wine and beer.

Pics 1 month post

Dr. Betsy

She's the best, love her personality