51 Years Old 5 Kids and my New Body - Gulf Breeze, FL

I am now 51 and have raised 5 kids and just got...

I am now 51 and have raised 5 kids and just got remarried 2 years ago. I realize I have always taken care of everyone but myself, so one day I looked in the mirror and just wasn't happy with the body I saw. It was a train wreck with stretch marks and a pouch no amount of crunches could save. I wanted my self confidence back and be able to share that with my new husband. Needless to say my husband was so supportive and wanted me to be happy, so I made the appointment. It was the best decision I could have made!

The recovery

Well I am on day 14 now of recovery and would have to say it was nothing like I thought it was going to be. I was so terrified I would be in excruciating pain and it wasn't even that level. I had the adhesive placed so I wouldn't have to have drains like many others have experienced, and I think that is why recovery has not been bad. My pain was about a 6 on the first and second day but stayed on top of my meds so it wouldn't be worse. I was able to take a shower 24 hours after surgery and see my body for the first time and wanted to cry. My body was so bruised everywhere and swollen badly needless to say my first shower was heavenly!!!! Things were going good I was in my recliner day and night like instructed by my ps when on day 5 I had a discharge coming from my new belly button and had a low grade fever. Of course it was on Sunday when his office was closed, so I got his answering service and let me tell you as soon as she paged him he was calling me. He called me in more antibiotics and gave me his cell phone number if anything else happened and told me to be in his office Tuesday since Monday was the 4th of July. Everything on Tuesday turned out fine and the staff was great to me. Day six was the first day I took pictures cause it was my glimpse that I was gonna be okay and I wanted to share them. I already posted them with my before pictures. I can honestly say everyday is different when recovering, some days you get up and feel great and other days you want to cry and then you have the days where first thing you do is take a muscle relaxer and pain pill cause you are having spasms and pain. Please ladies ask your ps to prescribe 4 things before surgery: pain meds, nausea meds, antibiotics, and muscle relaxer cause you will need them all!!!!! Oh yeah I also started arnicare 5 days prior to surgery which help you heal faster (this really works) look at my bruising in the pictures not bad at all.
Well the pretty much covers everything up to my current day 14 of recovery, and today I actually went out to dinner with my husband, but let me say this after walking around and getting in and out of the car I was tired! I have so much respect for you ladies that go back to work at this point!!! I couldn't do it...my energy level just isn't there yet. I will tell you I still have tightness and swelling in my lower ab section and numbness in places but not too bad, and my tape covering my incision fell off so covered it with hospital tape to protect it. I have an appt on July 14 to check everything out and I will let you know how it goes. I will also take more pictures tomorrow and post them. I hope this helps anybody that needs reassurance and answers going through this life changing adventure.

Day 15 of my recovery

Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

From day one I felt so comfortable with Dr. Patterson! He has an incredible bedside manner and his staff is professional and caring on all levels.