More Than Just a Mommy Makeover...repairs Required - Mexico, MO

I had a breast augmentation 17 years ago. My left...

I had a breast augmentation 17 years ago. My left implant ruptured while I was living abroad in Mexico. I only knew of one surgeon in my area, who was not a plastic surgeon, and he recommended me to a plastic surgeon in Guadalajara. Wanting to get my breast repaired immediately, I went with his recommendation. The recovery was a nightmare and the outcome was not good. Unsure of what to do next, I called my Dr. in the U.S. and at the same time researched medical tourism in Guadalajara Mexico. I interviewed drs in Guadalajara and after much deliberation, decided to get the revision done by a Dr. in Guadalajara, Dr, Juan Gordillo Hernandez, who took the time to explain to me, in English, what had happened in my previous surgery and what he would do to repair the problem. He also saw that I had a hernia in my belly button (I had a baby at 38) and suggested repairing it along with a mini tummy tuck. In addition to that he recommended ultra sound lipo (I had never heard of it) on my sides and back and that he inject the fat into my butt. It sounded like a lot to me, but after hours of consulting with him and taking my family members to consult with him (he is a very patient man!), we decided to get it all done at once. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome! I'm 8.5 weeks post op and am so excited! My first concern was the breast revision, because the previous surgery was a nightmare...this recovery was a BREEZE annnnd he repaired it! The mini tummy tuck was an added bonus (he actually gave my stomach definition!). But my favorite outcome was the lipo (that I didn't even know existed). I feel thin again!! It was impossible trying to lose weight on my sides and back specifically. This lipo gave me a thin torso again.

Great Surgeon, great hospital, great recovery, great outcome!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I never write reviews but decided to write this review after having a medical emergency while in a foreign country, spending lots of time researching drs...including research on this site, I decided I'd like to help anyone looking for a great Dr in Guadalajara if they are living there or want to travel to save money and get better than quality service. Being from the U.S. and unfamiliar with doctors in Guadalajara, I researched medical tourism in Mexico and found Dr. Juan Gordillo Hernandez. After meeting with him, and a couple of other surgeons in Guadalajara, my clear choice was Dr. Gordillo. He spent as much time as I needed explaining how he would repair the situation I was dealing with. His knowledge and experience were apparent. He has many degrees and training and certification in the U.S. also. In addition to his expertise, he's a very friendly, pleasant, easy going doctor with the extreme patience to explain, in detail, the procedures he planned to perform. I'm talking a total of a few visits and 4 hours of discussion, patient (he makes you feel as if you are his most important client). :) He gave me confidence in what was already a scary situation ("everything is going to be ok, we will fix this"). His office is clean and efficient. The hospital, Puerto de Hiero Sur, was state of the art and also clean and friendly. The best part, though, was my recovery and the outcome of my surgeries. Dr, Gordillo saw me the 2 days I was in the hospital and called and texted to check in on me, daily, the days following the surgery, answering all of my questions. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I highly recommend Dr. Juan Gordillo Hernandez. I'll be going back to him for anything I may need in the future, regardless of where I'm living!