Matrix CO2 Laser Procedures for Severe Acne Scarring. Greenwood, SC

I had two Matrix CO2 laser procedures done -April...

I had two Matrix CO2 laser procedures done -April 2014 and June 2014. The second was deeper targeting my deep scars. While it took nearly a year to fully heal (my skin was rough for 10 months) it was worth it. My acne scars' depths have improved by about 50% - 1st one yielded 15% improvement and second 35%. Will be getting another to hopefully reach 80%.

Additional pics

Lighting is better in these pictures. Skin is FAR from perfect but soooo much better than it was. Makeup generally makes my scarring look worse but my skin isn't clear enough where I feel comfortable without it. I will post pictures from procedures, too, to show my healing process. I have had to use retin-a and chemical peels to improve the smoothness of my skin since laser. It was very rough looking for about 10-11 months.

Laser #3

I will be going in for my third laser procedure on July 14th. It is a different type of laser so I will post my results in a different review. Fingers crossed this goes well!

Laser with caution

I am updating to urge members to laser with caution. My acne scarring dramatically improved from laser treatment; my friends and family saw a noticeable change. I do want to warn others, however, that I did have negative side effects that I have been correcting over the past year... The worst side effect was substantial fat loss after my intense treatment in the worst/deepest areas of my scarring. I couldn't tell what had changed in my face after the laser treatment but I felt less confident in some ways... I gradually realized (only after really examining my face) that the loss of volume in my face was fairly drastic. I have had to fill in these atrophied areas with voluma (a facial filler) to regain volume in my face as it never returned when I gained back weight I had lost from stress.

If I were able to go back, I might have tried other methods before hopping into laser treatment. I really encourage others to look into subcision and fat transfer as potential options before trying laser...

While I am still happy with my improved scarring, it has been a long road!! I am going to change my review to "not sure" instead of worth it as others have experienced the same side effects as I have and they greatly regret their procedures. Please know that there are treatments to improving the side effects of laser damage but they can be expensive. Good luck!!
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

My doctor did a good job with the laser procedure but wasn't very helpful post-op. I had no follow-up appointments even when I had a terrible reactionary breakout. My skin would have healed more effectively and quickly with better post-op skin care.