Nana's Arms!!!

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

PREAMBLE My weight goes up and down like a...

PREAMBLE
My weight goes up and down like a see-saw, but the one unchanging constant are my big fat arms! Even when I weighed 115 pounds (oh to be in my twenties again!) I still had thick arms. Now that I am approaching my mid-forties, they look just like my Nana's arms! I am NOT at my ideal weight right now - I need to lose a solid 15 pounds - but even if I was (these days 132 is about as low as I can get) I would still have fat arms. So today, I finally took the plunge & had my first coolsculpting treatment, and I will follow up with a second treatment in 30 days. The tech, Megan, was totally upfront with me at my consultation - she told me I would definitely need 2 treatment to achieve the kind of results I desired.

THE TREATMENT
This office (Dr. Coley in Greensboro, NC) has the new 360 applicators that only take 35 minutes. I would say when the applicator is first applied, it is uncomfortable - but I never felt it even approached painful. Within 5 minutes the area was numb. and other than the awkward placement of pillows all around me I was quite comfortable. I spent the entire 1/2 hour texting & messaging friends & the it flew by. After the 35 minutes, I received a "vigorous" massage to the treatment area. It was not pleasurable, but it was not painful; the tech was talking & joking with me throughout & I was able to kind of ignore it lol. So far (4 hours post) I have felt no pain, just a bit of soreness when I press on the treatment area (so I will just not press on it!) I am planning to attend a Zumba class tonight - I do not expect this to affect me at all.

PHOTOS
I am post my BEFORE photos below & plan to post updates pics every 2-3 weeks. I REALLY REALLY hope I get the results I am dreaming of!

DAY TWO

I did an hour of Zumba last night with absolutely NO issues.

I woke up this morning absolutely fine. I do not feel sore or numb or have any nerve or flashing pain. If I press on the treated area, it is slightly sore.

I feel nervous about the efficacy of the this treatment because of how easy this has been! Waiting to see results is going to be a CHALLENGE!!!

Thighs Thighs Thighs

Instead of posting an update on my arms.... I posted a new review of the Coolsculpting I had done on my fatty knees/lower inner thighs today. I will be going in for a second arm & thigh Coolsculpt treatment in 4 weeks.

Fatty Knees/Inner Thighs.... I Am over It!!!

** I am losing a little piece of my soul by posting a picture of my hideous thighs!!! You're welcome!**

I was so impressed with Megan at Dr Coley's office & so excited about Coolsculpting my arms that I decided to go back today & Coolsculpt my inner thighs! I came in ready to do 2 applicators per thigh (upper & lower inner thigh,) but once Megan evaluated me, she felt it would be better to start with my fatty knees/lower inner thighs and see the results from that area before Coolsculpting any other part of my thigh. I have to say I truly appreciate Megan's thorough knowledge and guidance - she could easily have doubled my treatment (& the fees!) today but she is a true professional who really wants her patients to get the very BEST results! With that being said, she was totally upfront with me again & advised I would need 2 treatments on that area for the best results - one aiming more towards the back of my thigh, one aiming towards the front/top of my thigh. My experience was similar to when I had my arms done last week- no pain - slight discomfort. I am home now, so far still experiencing no pain, & going to work out tonight & again I expect no issues! I have a second appointment scheduled in 1 month to repeat the Coolsculpting on my upper arms as well as my fatty knees/lower inner thighs. We will take more pictures at that appointment and I hope to be posting some results by then!

Day 2 THIGHS Week 2 ARMS

My thighs are definitely more sore than my arms were on day 2 - but 100% tolerable - I worked out this AM with no issues & the soreness will not impede any of my weekend plans, that's for sure!

My arms only feel sore when you press on the treated area - so no issues at all there. I have not noticed any changes yet - I am only 9 days out so that is totally expected.

The WAITING is still the HARDEST part!!!

4 WEEKS LATER FOR ARMS....

and so far, no change in appearance or measurements. I have a 2nd treatment for my arms as well as my inner thighs/fatty knees scheduled for 6/22. I will post pics & measurements from that appointment. I REALLY hope to see some results SOON!
Greensboro General Surgeon

Megan at Coley Cosmetic is extremely knowledgeable and a true professional who really wants her patients to get the very BEST results!