Dr. Jacono Rhinoplasty Review - AWFUL, I Regret It Every Single Day - Great Neck, NY

Terrible experience, so many issues. Nose is...

Terrible experience, so many issues. Nose is crooked, bridge is overly flattened, has been narrowed significantly, bridge is uneven with bone sticking out. It's also smaller than what we discussed and there's an absolute disconnect from my bridge and my nostrils. It makes no sense.

I'm distraught and I regret it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I used to be a pretty girl with a big nose with some character, but now I don't know what to make of my face. My breathing and sleep have actually been affected so now not only do I look awful, I can't even function.

If you're thinking about going through Jacono for your rhinoplasty - DON'T. Don't buy the hype. He's great at marketing but terrible at surgery. He probably gets through more procedures than he should a day, speeds through them to be able to pay for his 5th avenue office. I should have recognized bad craftsmanship while in the waiting room during my consult. One of his secretaries apparently had some work done, probably by him, and it didn't look great.

Best way to find someone is through someone you know. Ask a friend or acquaintance. If a plastic surgeon has to advertise, then something's wrong.

I wish I had a time machine. Since I can't go back in time, I'm looking for a surgeon for a revision, I'm hoping for a better experience.

3.5 + years later - disappointed, regretful, unhappy

I just wanted to reiterate how terrible this man's work is. My tip is bulbous, swollen, and HARD. My nasal valves collapse when I breathe, so now I can't even run. My bridge is overly flattened, so I have a swollen tip and a flatter than normal bridge, I essentially have a marble on my face. And it's slightly crooked. My sleep quality has deteriorated. Thanks doc!

Someone take away this man's license. Terrible craftsmanship. Overly aggressive.

Aesthetically, it's not balanced, not attractive, not natural.

Functionally, it doesn't even work, I can't breathe! My motivation to get it done was to breathe and sleep better, I expressed that to him numerous times.

Everything he did was in excess. He narrowed my nose too much, shortened it too much, scooped the bridge too much. It was all done recklessly and without any adherence to the pre-op discussions.

I hope this review serves to inform and steer people away. Spending double the standard cost does NOT by any means equal more quality work, don't be fooled like I was. I assumed that he was the authority on facial plastic surgery, especially revision surgeries, so he must be the best. Double board certified blah blahh. TV shows, articles, fancy 5th avenue office, expensive advertising. All of that doesn't actually mean anything. If you have to advertise, it means you're not getting repeat customers, you're not getting referrals. That expensive price tag goes to the magazine ads, to the cost of the fifth avenue office. You're not getting a better experience, a higher quality service. Most of these positive glowing reviews are fake, it's obvious. Take your money elsewhere, find a referral from someone you know and trust. Or if you don't know anyone, read reviews, but cautiously, many are fake. Look out for physicians with many unhappy reviewers. Make sure the surgeon is *specific* during your consult, is noting all of your preferences and requests.

I hope others learn from my experience. I wish I never did it. I wish I could talk to myself from 2012 and rewind. I hope you reconsider it too. When you change your face, not only are risking the outcome (it could turn out atrociously), but it could also be very different from what you were expecting, in the sense that you either no longer look like yourself or that you don't look like your family.

I hope this helped reconsider surgery in general, and with this man. STEER CLEAR, he is not a perfectionist, even though he claims he is.

This is what Jacono's work looks like

4+ years later

swollen, shapeless tip
nostrils uneven
bridge is gone and crooked

It's also nonfunctional, can't breathe out of this stupid thing.

I'm interested in revision but I'm scared and horrified of making it worse. What do I do?
Great Neck Facial Plastic Surgeon