The Day I Lost my Face - Great Britain, GB

Back in November 2013 I awoke one morning as usual...

Back in November 2013 I awoke one morning as usual. Sat at my desk at work I felt very tired and a pain shot through my right ear. I turned to tell my colleague and found I couldn't control my mouth. I was rushed to hospital with a suspected stroke.
Luckily it wasn't a stroke, I had facial paralysis. No one knew the cause. No one even knew a treatment. The hospital told me to go home and gave no advice or support.
Being 28 years old and fearing I'd be wearing someone else's face forever, I conducted my own research and found Dominic.
I emailed him and he called me within 2 hours. It was fantastic when he offered to help me.
I went to his clinic, in harley street. Which was really lovely. It all looked rather posh and intimidating but the staff were lovely and really put me at ease straight away. Most people looked shocked at my face in the street and stuff, but when I went into the clinic no one batted an eye lid.
Dominic came down and not only is he exceptionally handsome he is also very nice, approachable and understanding. Having had facial paralysis before he knew how I felt and he talked me through the condition. He checked the nerves in my face and spent loads of time making sure I understood what had happened to me. To finally have some answers was a relief.
So at the end of my visit I was waiting for Dominic to give me a bunch of pills or to offer to operate or something to get a load of money out of me. But he didn't! He didn't want a penny and everything he recommended he wrote down for my GP to prescribe. Unreal.. a London private doctor who didn't just want my money.
my face soon went back to normal and Dominic emailed me throughout my recovery. Thanks Dominic xx
London Facial Plastic Surgeon