My Rhinoplasty Experience

Like many others I have never been completely...

Like many others I have never been completely happy with the appearance of my nose and I decided to go ahead with a rhinoplasty procedure. I did a lot of research about clinics on the Gold Coast and chose the Lotus Institute as I'd heard first-hand experiences about the work they do. In July I ended up going for a consultation with one of their surgeons, Dr. Widdowson. He was very professional and we discussed what I disliked about my nose and what I wanted to change, then he showed me various photos of his previous work and took photos of my own face which he altered to show what my expected results would look like.

I finally had my surgery today! It went well despite a couple of minor issues. The anaesthetist woke me while I was still in theatre and I vaguely remember panicking because I was finding it hard to breathe and there was a fuss being made about my heart rate. I was quickly put back to sleep so he could reinsert the breathing tube. After surgery they were concerned about my heart beating rapidly and irregularly. This meant I had to stay in recovery for longer than usual because they had to monitor my heart rate, blood pressure, and do an ECG test. In the end the anaesthetist seemed to believe it was due to the stress of the anaesthetic on my heart and I was allowed to go home.

As you can see I'm a little bruised and bloody! There is a bit of discomfort in general, especially when I try to swallow food or water which makes eating and taking medication not a very pleasant task. I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I get the internal packing taken out and hopefully this will relieve the pressure when I swallow.
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon