So Far, So Good - Gold Coast, AU

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I've been thinking about hair removal options for...

I've been thinking about hair removal options for so long now, and it wasn't until recently that a friend told me she had tried laser hair removal, I had looked into it, but never considered it because I thought it was so expensive... Turns out it wasn't! I had my first treatment today, I prepaid 10 in total, and it turns out it was a great deal (Buy one get on free). The areas I had done were: Brazilian (but I opted for a small "landing strip" because I wasn't sure about going fully bare down there), Snail Trail (have hated that part of my body for SO long due to the hair), underarms and anus (because why not - they've already seen my most intimate area!)
I was so nervous about the pain, but when it started it wasn't even that bad! This clinic uses Candela Gentlase machine, which cools as it lasers - this definitely helped. A few areas were certainly a bit more painful - they stung mainly on the pubic bone and also the snail trail, but it was all done in around 10 minutes so it was manageable.
I had to purchase Skinstitut LaserAid ($45) for after care, and was instructed to apply day and night for 3 days (or until redness/irritation was gone) and then I also purchased Glycolic Scrub to exfoliate from day five onwards until the hairs had all come out. All in all, I paid $99 for 3 products which I was fine with.
I have booked my session for a month from today, so will continue to post updates with the outcome!

My experience so far...

So far have experience no irritation and not even redness apart from right after the treatment. I don't know what to expect as of yet, trying to be patient, it's only been 6 days! I was advices that 5 days after the treatment I should start exfoliating, so I used their Glycolic Scrub 14%. No progression so far. However I did research more on the Glycolic Scrub 14% and found that it was great for acne prone skin, so I will trial it on my face. Also noticed it was so much cheaper to buy online - the clinic charged $45 or 3 products for $99, online it can be purchased for $30. Will update when I experience more results!

19 days down - happy so far!

Loving the progress so far.... Underarms are looking fabulous - have no shaved since and only a couple of moderate length hairs, it isn't even noticeably! Snail trail is barely visible, don't have to shave that either. The hair came out last week probably - I was a bit impatient and scratched at it.... But it came out so never mind! The Brazilian area results are certainly less visible - will be interesting to see how this goes after more treatments! :). No irritation or itchiness and my next treatment is in 9 days :)

6 Treatments Complete

I have 4 prepaid treatments left, and I have now completed 6. What a difference it has made for me! There is almost no hair left in the anus area, basically hairless on the snail trail. My underarms haven't been shaved in months. The only place which is still a work in progress is my pubic area, on the sides next to the vagina, it has reduced all the dark hairs to light, fluffy blond hairs which grow much slower, I was told these would not go away, and whilst I wanted a completely hairless experience, I'm okay with this! It's so much better than before. The hair at the top of my pubic area is much less noticeable, often I will go 2-3 weeks before shaving. This is also a great improvement! I really don't know myself, this new hairless version has improved my self confidence! If you're thinking about having it done, it's worth it! The pain is getting worse with every treatment, but this is so they can get the stubborn hairs, and it's so quick I don't mind - so be prepared for that!

Finished the prepaid treatments (10 in total)

I'm feeling pretty good - the snail trail is amazing! I feel like a normal girl... I always hated the hair and it's lovely and smooth now. The underarms are also pretty great, I haven't shaved in such a long time - I know I have a few hairs but nothing too crazy. The bum I don't think saw much of a reduction.... but not too bad considering! The Brazilian area I'm fairly happy with but expected complete hair loss - it still grows back but just patchy. I'm unsure if it was completely worth it and would probably need to have more sessions - but I'm happy with it currently and will see how it goes!
Laser Clinics Australia - Helensvale

The technician who helped was so fabulous, kept me comfortable and chatted away to distract me!