36 Years Old First Fractional Laser - Glendora, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am seeking to combat some minor skin laxity I'm...

I am seeking to combat some minor skin laxity I'm experiencing in my neck. For my face I want to do preventative maintenance, combat minor lines at nasiolabial fold, and get an overall fresher look. I will update my experience as I go. Currently I'm sitting in the dr. office with numbing creme on.

About 6 teats ago I had a Vi Peel and 4 years ago I had a Titan Laser treatment. I regularly get botox in my forehead and around eyes to prevent crows feet.

Post Procedure 2 Hours

The procedure was much easier than I anticipated, thanks to the numbing crème no doubt. We did a full face and neck, Level 3, 3 passes each area. I am nowhere near as red as I thought (thank goodness because I have a meeting in a few hours) and my face feels tight and warm. You are instructed not to exercise for 24 hours because there is a lot of heat in your skin from the laser (hence the redness) and warming up your body with exercise will only make you a tomato face. I do not drive, however, and rode my bike 30 min each way to and from the Dr.'s office, making sure to take it easy on the way home.

I bought the Obagi Sun Shield Broad Spectrum 50 from the Dr's office ($50. Get it online for half that much if you want to save money) to ensure that while my skin heals I get maximum protection from the sun from a high zinc product. Obagi Sun Shield has Zinc 10% and Octinoxae 7.5%. Not only am I always outside commuting on my bike, but I have a fitness practice that does work outs in the park, AND I am running a half-marathon on Sunday (It is currently Wednesday). I NEVER, EVER sunbathe though, always wear hats, and unless I'm running a race do not expose my skin in long increments to the sun. Sun bad!

My nurse told me that it's best to schedule laser 7 days out from a big event like a half-marathon, but that 5 days is okay too. I am just most likely to experience uncomfortable warmness, and the afore mentioned tomato-face, but that is fine with me. She gave me an ice pack to put on my face for the afternoon but I'm running around and haven't done it. As I mentioned before, my concern was being ultra red after the laser but that didn't happen so I'm not going to bother with the ice pack.

A year later

I would definitely say that I give the 1540 a thumbs up, although you must do several treatments if your goal is to combat major laxity. Too many people really need mini-facelifts, get laser instead, and then complain that laser doesn't work. Be honest with yourself.

I got a total of 3 1540 treatments 2 months apart and noticed a big difference on my neck. I could see it start to crinkle a bit in photos when they were taken from a lower level, or if I was looking down in the photo. This was due mostly to the many years I abused alcohol as well as growing up on an island. Anyway, I am about to start another round of 3, only this time the place I go (not the same as before) is doing the IPL PhotoFacial and 1540 on the same day. Studies are showing it works wonders, although you will be more red and puffy than getting either of those two treatments alone, prob for 2-3 days. That's fine with me. I can't wait to start!

Me today, just turned 38

So here I am as i look today. I have now been doing BOTOX since I was 24, microdermabrasion a handfull of times, a Titan in 2011, 3 1540 laser sessions a year ago, and lots of at home dermarolling. I dont do facial filler, only lips, but am certain I will be getting it under my naturally deepset eyes soon.
Sally, RN.