36 Years Old First Fractional Laser - Glendora, CA

I am seeking to combat some minor skin laxity I'm...

I am seeking to combat some minor skin laxity I'm experiencing in my neck. For my face I want to do preventative maintenance, combat minor lines at nasiolabial fold, and get an overall fresher look. I will update my experience as I go. Currently I'm sitting in the dr. office with numbing creme on.

About 6 teats ago I had a Vi Peel and 4 years ago I had a Titan Laser treatment. I regularly get botox in my forehead and around eyes to prevent crows feet.

Post Procedure 2 Hours

The procedure was much easier than I anticipated, thanks to the numbing crème no doubt. We did a full face and neck, Level 3, 3 passes each area. I am nowhere near as red as I thought (thank goodness because I have a meeting in a few hours) and my face feels tight and warm. You are instructed not to exercise for 24 hours because there is a lot of heat in your skin from the laser (hence the redness) and warming up your body with exercise will only make you a tomato face. I do not drive, however, and rode my bike 30 min each way to and from the Dr.'s office, making sure to take it easy on the way home.

I bought the Obagi Sun Shield Broad Spectrum 50 from the Dr's office ($50. Get it online for half that much if you want to save money) to ensure that while my skin heals I get maximum protection from the sun from a high zinc product. Obagi Sun Shield has Zinc 10% and Octinoxae 7.5%. Not only am I always outside commuting on my bike, but I have a fitness practice that does work outs in the park, AND I am running a half-marathon on Sunday (It is currently Wednesday). I NEVER, EVER sunbathe though, always wear hats, and unless I'm running a race do not expose my skin in long increments to the sun. Sun bad!

My nurse told me that it's best to schedule laser 7 days out from a big event like a half-marathon, but that 5 days is okay too. I am just most likely to experience uncomfortable warmness, and the afore mentioned tomato-face, but that is fine with me. She gave me an ice pack to put on my face for the afternoon but I'm running around and haven't done it. As I mentioned before, my concern was being ultra red after the laser but that didn't happen so I'm not going to bother with the ice pack.
Sally, RN.