20 Years Old, Medium Deep Acne Scars. I've Tried It All - Glendale, CA

I just finished doing my microdermabrasion...

I just finished doing my microdermabrasion treatments, I got 10 with not much of any improvement. My scars are actually not that bad in my opinion, definitely visible even with makeup but I've seen worse. Anyway, I was trying to find a treatment where I could do one and done no matter the price. Unfortunately because of my darker skin (I am southeast Asian/African American) I could not to the co2 lasers. I started looking into eMatrix and was very intrigued the low downtime was a selling point for me. I scheduled an appointment at Prolase since it is right next to my work and had the a very good price. (They have a deal also buy 5 get the 6th free.)
I went, it was not too bad of an experience. They offered to sell me numbing cream AFTER the treatment? The laser felt extreamely hot just as a zap for one second, but no pain after for me. On my cheeks the pain was bearable but I could not do it on my forehead, so I'll make sure to do numbing cream next time. It took like 20 min for the treatment. After like 10 pulses she has to wipe the laser which took some time.
After my face felt kind of stingy. It wasn't to red, and after maybe 10 hours I had no more pain and the redness went away. What lingers is the grid pattern on your face. I covered mine with makeup on the 3rd day but it does look really weird, but no more pain. The grid pattern doesn't go away for like a week.
Overall I would say this treatment was very worth it. As I was applying my makeup I could see it go on much smoother. My scars are still very much visible but not as intense, they've been smoothed out ever so slightly but I can totally see a change. The doctor recommended 6 treatments which I might do, I don't know if I actually need that many. I will try to keep an update!

Have to wait before I get another treatment.

I won't be able to get a treatment at the beginning of April, I hope this won't mess up my collagen regrowth if I wait a little bit longer. I have a DMV appointment on the 11th and I need to take a new picture, but I don't want to have those spots on my face when I go. :P Mid April I'll probably get another.
My scars look a little better, but I especially notice it when I am applying makeup. It just goes on much smoother which is really cool.

Another treatment!

I'm getting another treatment this Saturday 5/14/16. I'm excited and will have to make sure I get numbing cream this time, the pain was too much for me as it felt like someone was throwing super hot water onto my face each pulse. x_x I always like to take pictures of my scars in the worse lighting I can find so you guys can see them clearly. The first picture is in normal lighting where my scars don't look so bad, the second is horrible lighting where my scars are accentuated so you guys can see exactly where my scars are.

Second treatment!

I got my second eMatrix 15 days ago. The healing was so much faster although my face still hurt during the treatment. Unfortunately I don't see much improvement yet but it's only been two weeks. I'm not sure if I will do another treatment, as I have been considering dermafillers lately. All well, here are my pictures. I think in natural lighting outside my face looks really good just with some freckles. In the mirror close up or with really bad lighting I think my skin looks awful. Let me know what you guys think.

Moving on to more intense treatment

I decided that I am moving onto more intense treatments and will no longer be getting eMatrix treatments. I think that eMatrix was worth it for the price I paid, but I want to do something that I can do once and get rid of my scars. With the 2 treatments I think I recieved 20% improvement. If I would have recieved the 5-6 like they recommended my skin would be better, but that would be a total of about 2k which I would rather put towards other more intense treatments. I will be doing mixto laser with Sculptra and subsection in november. I have already seen the doctor, done blood work, etc. I will be sure to update you guys when the time comes!

Dr. Not sure at this time