My Experience- BEWARE! Glen Allen, VA

Dr Dewire has a huge ego and I'll tell you why...

Dr Dewire has a huge ego and I'll tell you why this was a big problem! Instead of his attention being on his patient, he is far too in love with himself and always wants to be the center of attention. I dismissed the personality problem because he was going to be my surgeon, not my boyfriend. I based my choice on what I saw of his work and I thought I made the right decision. He proudly told me it would take him only about 30 minutes to do my bilateral augmentation. This short time concerned me. I was very badly bruised after the surgery. Very shortly after surgery, I noticed one breast had a firmness underneath and was sitting higher. I just thought this was all normal. When I went back for a postop exam (1 week?) he didn't even notice. I had to point out what I was feeling/seeing. Then he told me I had a mild contracture. I have since learned there was nothing mild about it. It was grade III - IV. While I know capsular contractures can and do happen with no explanation, I fully attribute mine to what Dr Dewire did in surgery. When medication didn't correct the contracture, I inquired about revision surgery. The only reason I was even considering letting this doctor touch me again was the expense of another surgery. When they told me it would be $3200.00 to do the revision, my decision was made. I found another surgeon, Dr Gloria Duda to do my revision. She was so kind and compassionate. She didn't rush through the surgery and I had NO BRUISING! And I have not had another CC almost 4 years later. Dr Dewire loves to brag about how he fixes other doctors messes. Well, Dr Dewire, somebody had to fix the mess you made of me and I have never hesitated to tell anybody your name.
Richmond Plastic Surgeon