43 Year Old Male - Short Scar Facelift with Chin Liposuction. - Glasgow, GB

Hi all, I wrote a journal last year on my eye...

Hi all,
I wrote a journal last year on my eye surgery and it helped keep me sane so I thought I`d write another for my short scar facelift and chin liposuction.
I have always had quite loose saggy skin, main reason I had my eyes done, and when I lost weight I noticed that my chin and jowls were still sagging. It wasn`t that noticeable to anyone but I knew in the future I`d want it fixed.
I thought, as with the eyes, I would do it now when it won`t be very noticeable more for prevention than a big change.
So I will update with pics and how I feel from day to day as I had read so many stories which have helped me.

2 day update

I wanted t do a quick update.
The surgery went very easily, the sorest thing was the injections before the surgery. I was awake throughout and chatting to the surgeon at times.
When I went home on first night I never really slept because of the pain around my ears, thankfully this eased slightly the next morning as the swelling started to reduce.
I slept better last night and noticed the swelling has decreased today. I am still having some pain and discomfort around my ears but it is gradually easing.
Hopefully tomorrow, third day, I will feel less pain and less swelling.

Christmas update(3 days post surgery)

Just a quick update with 3 pics. I had a decent sleep last night. What I am finding is when I get up in the morning I am very sore and stiff. I have noticed this morning that the swelling is slowly decreasing and that I`m not getting too much bruising.
Merry Christmas to all :)

Boxing day update(4 days post op)

Hi all, hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
Here are my day 4 photos. I think the swelling is slowly going down in my cheeks and under my ears. I am still feeling pain if I haven`t moved for a while and then talk or eat etc. but this is to be expected.
I noticed that one of my wounds looks different than the other and is raised but that side of my face is more swollen. I won`t worry about it as I noticed the exact same type of thing last year when I got my eyes done, thought I would've been left with terrible scars, but it all healed normally.
One thing I forgot to mention was that the surgeon put the scars along my sideburn instead of the crease at my ear as we felt that would be hidden better as I will have sideburns anyway when they grow back in.
If you look at the before pic of my sideburn and the after you can see how short my sideburn is now, that gives an indication of the amount of skin that was removed.

5th day update

Hi all,
Not much change in my face from the front today, I had a Chinese meal and lots of junk food last night and I think that has made my face swell a little more today. I took off the tape from behind my ears this morning and one of the wounds started to bleed a little.
I`m a bit concerned that there is creasing in the back of my neck at the ear, I`m hoping this is just because I am swollen there. I am back to being healthy today, drinking lots of water and pineapple juice. Eating high protein and low fat.

6th day update

I feel that I am fully in the healing phase now. As the week has went on pain has increased a little, as has bruising, now I feel bruising, swelling and pain is slowly all decreasing. I also feel that the wounds at the front of my ears are definitely getting better. The wounds at the back of my ears are bit lumpy and creased but I have swelling there and read lots of comments online that this is normal for behind the ears as they take longer to heal.
I will grow my hair longer to cover this and keep my beard for a little while to help hide the wounds and scars.

1 week update

This is now a full week since my facelift. I had a check up today and the doctor said I am healing well and that the creases at the back of my ear are normal for the type of facelift I had(short scar) and that they will level out over time.
I asked about the pain and stiffness I get when I laugh or smile and I was told to start doing that more often to get the muscle working again and loosen it.
Thanks for all the support on here!

2 week update

Hi all.
Well its now been 2 weeks since I had my op. I have had ups and downs in that time. I am now relatively pain free and have not took painkillers for 3 or 4 days now. Most of the bruising and swelling has gone but wounds are taking longer to heal than expected. I am taking an extra 3 or 4 days holiday from work to hopefully heal the wounds. The front of right ear and behind my left ear wounds have healed excellently. Unfortunately the left front and behind right ear wounds are taking longer to close up totally. I have been washing and spraying them with an antiseptic wash then applying Vaseline every day. I just have to be patient and they will heal. The only thing that has bothered me is the creasing behind my ears but they are getting less noticeable and I have been told they will disappear within a few months.
I am now at the stage where I am thinking if I actually had anything done as I`m used to what I see in the mirror. Your mind starts playing tricks on you.
I have uploaded before and after pics to compare.

I found the doctor and his assistant to be very friendly, helpful and extremely professional.