Experience with Upper Eye Lid Surgery. Gainesville, GA

On July 28th I went in for upper eye lid surgery. ...

On July 28th I went in for upper eye lid surgery. As you can see from the first picture my eye lids were droopy and one eye lid (the right one) drooped down lower than the left. I have been self conscious of that for so long and I can tell after only six days it is more even now.

The Dr. prescribed me Hyrocodon.-Acetaminophene 5-325 for pain but I only needed two of them, one the day of the surgery and one the day after. The pain wasn't so bad, what was really uncomfortable for me was the itching! I called and asked the Dr. about the itching two days after the surgery and he wrote me a prescription for TobraDex ointment which has a steroid in it to address the itching. I also got some Benadryl. Benadryl has been a lifesaver! I have taken four a day for the last two days and the itching is under control. My right eye needed more work than the left and the right eye is the one that has been so itchy. I can see a lot of progress in the healing over the last two days especially.

Post Op Pics

These are pictures taken the first few days after upper eyelid surgery. Healing has really been fast - I almost don't want to post them b/c some look so bad, please don't let them discourage you. It is what it is. I don't regret it.

More Pics

Dr. Ackerman

Dr. Ackerman and the staff at the Surgery Center were great. They were very friendly and I felt like I was in good hands. The only thing I would have preferred was if there was a next day follow up visit. The follow up visit after the surgery was about 10 days later to take the stitches out. I really didn't know what to expect so I would have felt better if the Dr. would have looked at it the next day and told me it was healing fine. I ended up calling in after two days b/c of severe itching and they had me come right in. It was explained to me that it was expected and it is from the healing. I would recommend Dr. Ackerman. He did a great job!