32 Y/o, for Treatment of AK's (Precancers), Very Negative Results - Fresno, CA

I've had many precancerous lesions either cut or...

I've had many precancerous lesions either cut or frozen off with liquid nitrogen over the years (skin cancer runs in my family). My dermatologist convinced me to do the levulan stick with Blu light treatment as a more comprehensive way to treat these precancerous lesions. The 16 min under the light was unpleasant, but tolerable. However the following week was very, very unpleasant . I had partial thickness (2nd degree) burns to my entire face including blistering, scanning, cracking in bleeding. I was in constant pain which prevented me from sleeping. 2nd week after treatment was slightly better, but still fairly unpleasant. My reaction to the photo therapy was so bad that I would never consider having this treatment again for any reason. I don't know how effective this therapy is in actually treating skin cancer or AK's but it was absolutely not worth it.
Fresno Dermatologist

To this point, I have been very happy with my practitioner. I have just found this one treatment/therapy to be intolerable.