Lipo on Stubborn Abdomen Fat - Foster City, CA

I came to Dr. Beck based on his great reviews...

I came to Dr. Beck based on his great reviews after already going to a couple of consultations with other doctors. His very calm and kind manner immediately put me at ease and he made sure to answer all of the questions I came in with. He gave me two options for my stomach: Sculptsure and power assisted liposuction. I appreciated that he didn't go straight for liposuction but decided that I wanted it. I am in my early twenties, work out often and eat well but have never been able to get rid of a small pocket of fat on my upper stomach as well as the small "pouch" on the lower. I didn't want to loose any more weight but was unhappy with how my stomach looked.

The surgery was very simple and only required some blood work and prescription filling before hand. The day of you bring in your medications and take the anti-anxiety, pain, antibiotic and nausea pills about an hour before hand. The staff was very sweet and made sure I felt comfortable. Dr. Beck then came in and marked the areas he wanted to focus on for the procedure.

The procedure itself is uncomfortable but wasn't awful. You are first numbed by a shot and then you will have the "cocktail" of fluids injected. I thought that the fluid injection was the most uncomfortable but again, it wasn't too bad. The actual liposuction does not hurt (is a bit uncomfortable) and I only felt minimal pain a few times. When I did feel pain Dr. Beck made sure to apply more of the numbing fluid.

My procedure only took about an hour or so and then I was able to go home immediately.

The first day the definitely the worst in regards to pain. I spent most of my time laying down and couldn't stomach much. I switched from the prescribed pain meds to plain Tylenol immediately because I didn't like the nausea that I was experiencing. I "leaked" the first day/night but didn't have any more come out after that. I took two days off work (had the procedure done on Thursday morning) and spent the rest of the weekend resting. The first two or three days are tough in that you will have trouble getting up or moving around but the pain significantly decreased after the first day. I did have some trouble with dizziness so I suggest that before standing up you should try to sit up for a few minutes and then stand. You should be careful with taking off your garment because I had to lay back down the first few times because I would get so dizzy. I am now on day 6 and only have slight tenderness left and no longer feel dizzy. I had very minimal bruising from day one.

I am very excited to see the final results of the procedure since my side profile is already so much smoother than it was before. I will update again with photos once I reach my 5 week check up date (late August).
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon