32 Year Old Female Who Finally Went for It - Fort Worth, TX

I have never loved my nose. When I was probably...

I have never loved my nose. When I was probably about 12 or 13, I noticed it started to not really fit in with my face and as I aged, it only worsened. I had a pretty pronounced "bump" with a bulbous tip and was always very self-conscious about my side profile especially. I had considered getting plastic surgery but never took the plunge or got a consultation. But over the last 2 years, I started having chronic sinus infections about every 4-6 weeks. I went to an ENT (Dr. Sean Callahan in Fort Worth - who is amazing) who confirmed I had a deviated septum but thought I could possibly benefit from a less invasive procedure. So I did that in April and got a sinus infection about 4 weeks later. And continued that same pattern all summer. Finally in August, I went back to him and said "I am done, let's do the sinus surgery!". I also inquired about doing a rhinoplasty and he told me about Dr. Kurkjian. I made a consultation appointment and my husband and I went together. From the impressive 3D Vectra pictures to Dr K's professional yet approachable demeanor, I knew he was my guy. I could not believe what I was seeing in the proposed result of my "future" nose! I am a talkative person (notice how long this review is) and I was rendered speechless. For days! It was as though these pictures were how I was supposed to have looked all along - it still looked like me, not a totally different person. Dr. K explained everything in detail. He showed me how my deviated septum was even starting to affect the outside of my nose, causing it be crooked. My tip was also starting to droop and he explained how that would be fixed. I decided to go for it. I had my surgery on Sept 20 and never looked back. Mine was more complicated than most since I was having a septoplasty and sinus surgery by my ENT and then the rhinoplasty by Dr. K, but I will tell you that if you have had a baby, this recovery is easier than that. I also had a very positive attitude because I was just very thrilled to see my new nose. I was in AWE 6 days later when I got that stint off. I will never forget that day. This has been a therapeutic and cathartic experience for me. I didn't realize how hard and unloving I was towards myself before my rhinoplasty. Now I can take that formerly negative energy and turn it into love towards myself and others. What an amazing gift. Life is short, if you are considering this, go meet with Dr. Kurkjian. His training and caring personality alone will put your mind at ease. You will be in the best hands in DFW. I remember him telling me he was a perfectionist with his work and it is true. I love my nose and have him to thank!
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon