45 Years Old Breastfed 3 Children. Fort Worth, TX

The first time I had my surgery, my doctor...

The first time I had my surgery, my doctor recommended sub glandular implants with bilateral mastopexy. He placed naturalle silicone high profile implants and did lollipop on the left side and areolar on the right side. My left side was always the kids favorite side I guess because it sagged much more than the right. Surgery went fine and recovery was minimal. However, within 6 months post surgery, my doctor informed me that my implants were contracting from a scar capsule formation and would most likely need revision with another 6-8 months. He was right. They kept getting harder and more often these weird stabbing type pains were getting worse. Nothing I had to take medication for, but very annoying. At one year post my initial surgery, I decided to have the revision done. My doctor recommended that we go sub muscular this time and hopefully I would have less chance for capsular contracture.
I am now 5 days post operatively for my revision and submuscular placement of my implants. Wow! what a difference in pain level. This is so very much worse than the first go around!
Initially, my doctor had reserved the operating room for only 2 hours. My husband picked me up after I had been in there for 5 hours. then recovery. UGH! I trust my doctor, but my appointment for stitch removal is tomorrow and I have lots of questions for him. He used my same implants so that saved me some money, but I question how he removed them from the capsule with out damaging them.
Honestly, even the very last day before I went in this last time, I was still happy with the look of my breasts. The pain and the hard rubber-type feel that drove me to this surgery, well. I hope they come out better this time.
I am 46 years old, 5'7, 134lbs and my high profile implants are 400cc.
Fort Worth, Texas
Mom to 3 boys
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Met him several times before choosing to do the procedure with him. Very well educated, professional and great bedside manner. His staff was friendly and helpful. He answered all my questions and explained everything very easily and thoroughly.