38 Year Old Athletic Woman 140 Pounds

I am an athletic mom of two kids 10 and 7. Both...

I am an athletic mom of two kids 10 and 7. Both children were delivered by c section. Since then, I have been in pursuit of getting my prebaby body back. I work out cardio and weights 3 times a week and live a healthy lifestyle. I am doing cool sculpting today after attending a seminar on how it works at a local plastic surgery center. I am having my flanks done with the small applicator, lower abs done with the large applicator and upper abs done with the small applicators criss-crossed and overlapping each other. I will come back in 4 weeks for a second treatment of the same areas. One application only breaks down 20-25% of the fat cells. So I was told to see dramatic results two sessions would be needed. I am not a candidate for Lopo or a tummy tuck, due to the fact I am wussy when it comes to pain. I love to workout and it restores my mental health. I can't imagine the down time if an invasive surgery, being a working mom with two active children. My weight the day of treatment is 140 ponds and I am 5'2. I would like to lose 5-10 more pounds.

Day of procedure

I was terrified to start the treatment after all the horror stories that I had read on real self about the pain of the cool sculpting procedure. However, it was a breeze compared to what I had read. The place I had it done at is using the new applicators that have less suction and pull then the old 60 minute cool sculpting device. The new applicator of cool sculpting is one degree cooler with less pull and treats the area for 35 minutes. The suction was not painful and I had no problems breathing even when applied on my upper abdomen. The first 5 minutes were uncomfortable when the device is cooling to -11 degrees. After that everything goes numb. When the device was removed there was some stinging like a sun burn until the skin restored its normal temp. The massage and breaking up of the fat cells actually helped that stinging feeling go away. I did not find that part painful. My procedure of the 6 areas: upper and lower abs and flanks took 4 and half hours. Afterward I left with no pain, just the area numb.

Day 2

Feeling good. No pain, no bruising, slightly numb, and no constipation. Lol!

Day 3

The swelling from yesterday is starting to go down. Still some swelling. Yesterday, felt good and hit the gym. Ran 3 miles and lifted weights. Stomach is slightly sore, like I worked my abs hard, nothing to complain about. I will continue to exercise and drink lots of water, hoping for no nerve pain that I have read about setting in on days 3-5. The picture is of Day 2 and day 3 to show reduced swelling.

Day 5

So over the past 4 days my stomach has been very swollen and numb. I would describe the feeling like when your foot falls a sleep. I have had several zaps in my stomach from nerve twitches, nothing unbearable yet. I would compare this too the electrodes they put on you at the chiropractor when you are receiving therapy to an injured area. I am anxious for the swelling to go down. I leave for vacation on the beach in 10 days. Hoping my swollen Buddha belly is gone by then.

Day 6

I have. Even wearing a compression garment for 6 days now. The only time I don't wear it is to exercise and shower. I think my swelling may be going down and the prickly numbness in my belly is getting fainter each day. I feel like as the day goes in my stomach swells. Wondering if this is normal? I am on my feet all day for my job. Comparing day one in white sports bra with day 6 photo. Not sure if I am. Ack to. It also yet from the swelling.

8 days out

The swelling is finally done! I was so nervous I would be one of the rare ones, where your fat cells start growing rather than breaking down. My basketball belly is gone! The zaps in the tummy are gone and I am ready for the beach in 7 days!!! I am down 3 pounds, but that is due to increased water intake and exercise. I think I can tell a little difference, even though they say 4 weeks for results. Feeling positive! The first photo white sports bra is the day of the procedure. The blue bra is Day 8.

3.5 weeks out

Not sure if I see improvements. In a week I go back for my second treatment in the same 6 areas: lower and upper abs and flanks.

One month out

Today is one month since my first application to my upper and lower abs and my flanks. All 6 areas will be treated again today at my second session. I can tell a slight difference in the pictures. The area I see the most improvement is when I sit down. My spill over fat has gotten better. My stomach appears to be smoother and less bumpy. My clothes are fitting better and I have been able to fit into a few pairs of shorts I have not been able to wear past season. My weight is 139lbs. After Vacation and Easter celebrations I put on my original 5 pounds I had lost through diet and excerise. Still down one pound overall and ready to get back on track. Hoping for more improvement with second application of the 6 areas today. Feeling not very excited about going through the swelling process all over again.

Day of treatment number 2

Wowzers! Second application hurt so much more than round 1. Not real sure why... but that was intense. Picture is of Day of treatment number 1 second picture is of treatment number 2. ....4 weeks later. The RN said that I would see my final results in July. I go back for final pictures then. These pics are not the greatest because I took them myself. I mentioned that I was noticing some improvement but hoping for more. She said not to worry some people don't see improvements until closer to the 3 month mark. Fingers crossed this works.

Seeing results!

Today I shook the dust of my fitted top that is now a little baggy and my size 4 pants! I normally wear a size 6 and today was able to get back into my size 4 pants!!!! Hoping for more defined results on my stomach as time passes till July!

One month and 2 weeks out

One month and two weeks out from first treatment. 2 weeks out from second treatment. I go back in July to have my final results pictures! First picture is before cool-sculpting.

Seeing results!

Clothes fitting looser and better. I can pull off clingy fabric on dresses and shirts now. Super excited to see what continues to happen through July!
Kim RN - Summit Plastic Surgery Aesthetics