30+ Years of Suffering With Hyperhidrosis - NOT ANYMORE!! - Fort Myers, FL

I will not bore you with the details of what one...

I will not bore you with the details of what one goes through having Hyperhidrosis as you probably already know the embarrassment, hiding, and insecurity that goes along with the condition (it feels more like a disease). I will just say that after 30 years of suffering, I can now wear whatever shirt, top, and blouse that I feel like wearing. I had the miraDry procedure done on June 1st and have been sweat-free (under my underarms) since. This new found freedom is because of Dr. Robert Brueck in Ft. Myers Florida and his amazing staff of nurses and assistants! They made me feel like I was a part of their team and not just a new patient.

During my consultation Dr. Brueck explained the procedure to me and let me know that although he is trained to perform the procedure, his wife (who is a registered nurse) has the most experience. Since she was away from the office on that day, we schedule the procedure for the following week. I had an idea of what to expect during and after the procedure as two of my coworkers had already had it done; however, I was apprehensive that it would not work for me because after suffering from a condition for so long I just thought that I could not be fixed by a non-invasive solution. The procedure took place as planned with the doctor’s wife performing the procedure and the doctor and another nurse assisting. The most painful part was the numbing injections, but even they were tolerable. The procedure lasted about 1.5 hours, and I was sent home with ice packs and a prescription for pain. After the procedure, my husband and I went out for lunch and did some shopping – business as normal. Over the next several days I was slightly uncomfortable but no real pain – It felt like someone had repeatedly picked me up by my armpits. My armpits were really swollen and tender for about a week following the procedure but no burning, itching or peeling. The swelling gradually decreased and now (three weeks out) there is very little swelling, but I do have some lumpiness under the skin that I am sure will go away in time. I have not had to use any deodorant, but out of habit started using again towards the end of the second week. I have not ruined any shirts or smelled funky in my armpits since the procedure. The doctor said that I may start sweating again in the treated areas but nothing like before – it hasn’t started yet, though.

Thank you Dr. Brueck and your amazing team – you have a customer for life! To my husband’s displeasure, I will probably see you again in about six months for SculpSure or Lipo.

Pictures of my pits two days after procedure.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Extremely kind and competent - thank you!