32 Y/o 2 Year Post Opp Gastric Bypass Surgery Loose Skin. Fort Lauderdale, FL

304 Pounds 3/12, Gastric Bypass 5/12, 203 pounds...

304 Pounds 3/12, Gastric Bypass 5/12, 203 pounds w/excess skin 6/14. Overly depressed, foul smells, blisters, yeast infections, back pains, and constant ins denials. Had to have Stomach but, sucked, and tucked, then arms cut, sucked and tightened, oh yeh a new belly button, All with All women STAFF!
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Walking into a plastic surgery facility for the first time by yourself is the scariest thing ever. Especially when you have heard the stereotypes and heard of many horror stories. This became my last option when recommended by my Family Dr. I had lost major weight and now suffered from excessive skin that no matter what type of workout program I completed would not tighten up. I had been disappointed in every type of medical care and truly help when it came to live in since the two years I have been in South Florida. I had lost a lot of hope in any type of care, I had been abused and misused and taken advantage of, but had not been given any of sound advice or care. To take care of my problems from the excess skin I had been to dermatologist, family drs, waxing, plucking every night, creams, wet rags, cotton balls under clothes, you name it. It was embarrassing and left me in tears. In expressing all these concerns, Dr Laura ad Nurse Lindsay made me feel like it was okay to talk about, and I didn't feel like it was a medical office anymore. I could talk for years on how great the experience was and how I was treated no like a patient, but like a close friend and family member that needed help and they ALLLLLL had by back. From attempting at first to get insurance approval, from re-directing me to financial company of carecredit.com, which they accept. They financial worked with my ability, and then helped with an monstrosity of paperwork for my leave of absence. My case manager said the paperwork was stellar and easily to read and processed my leave quickly after they received the paperwork completed by Lindsay and Dr. Laura. Dr Laura curls always bounced when she came in the room and her presence was amazing as she shared of her work with children in other countries needing cosmetic care they could not afford. She was there from triage of surgery, saw her quickly after surgery, before I went to bed for night and again in the morning. She followed up quickly on all my concerns. She was TRULY concerned over the process and wanted to make sure all scares were minimal, and yes they are. Dr. Strokes was the best cheerleader, she could have been the #1 Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader if she didn't become and AWESOME Surgeon. She never accepted me saying I'm Okay, she pressed and pondered. When one Dr. was not available the other was quick ton respond. Nurse Lindsay a.k.a. Flower was da bomb, almost like a best friend than a nurse. She is a ray of sunshine to the office and uplifts everyone that comes in. She never misses a beat, never an email, phone call or text, if she does not answer rest assure you will hear from her soon, or from Cristina the receptionist, letting you know the message arrived and you would hear back asap. This office in the Ritz Carlton of Offices with a Blanche Dubois southern personality that makes you feel comfortable and charmed. Cristina a.k.a. Smiles is a fresh welcome as soon as you walk in, and always on top of everything and refreshing customer service. I've had many frantic moments in my recovery(personal), pushed myself to the limits but no matter what everyone in that office has offered great advice, squeezed me in at the last moments, returned calls or text as early as 6am and even at 10:30 at night after I busted a stitch. I cried when i heard back because I just knew I would not hear back that soon, apt made next day and Both Dr's, Lindsay and Cristina called to make sure I was coming in. I know I've blabbed on, but this was the Greatest experience I've had not only in a long time, but definitely in South Florida. I hope I never have to do another surgery again, but If I do you best your bottom dollar I'll be flying to see Essie Plastic Surgery! They followed up not only with me but my partner and best friend and offered any advice they needed and any questions. Can't wait to finish my recovery to finish my wellness journey I started almost 3 years ago. THANK LADIES!! So glad yall got together, Thanks Dr. Laura for being Great Hope for the Medical Profession in Fort Lauderdale, you are exactly what South Florida needed, well besides me. =-)