Hairline Lowering and Edge Control - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Edges were pulled out from tight ponytails by me...

Edges were pulled out from tight ponytails by me when I was younger. I was always able to camouflage the side with gels and thick heavy grease especially when my hair was relaxed.

Fast forward I'm almost 40, have been natural for two years & noticed my hair line seemed thinner and my balding edges were more pronounced so I decided to get a hair transplant.

I researched for about 6-7 months- I wanted to go to someone who had experience with black hair, women in came down to 2 surgeons, I ultimately went with Dr. Matt Huebner and I'm gald I did. He explained the individual graft cost vs. yielding as many grafts from a 30 cm strip of hair...
For example most surgeons charge per graft the standard grafts are 25k-3k per session which can run between $11k-$13k. Dr Huebner doesn't charge for individual grafts, he cuts a strip & retrieved as many grafts as possible which can be 6k depending on the length of the strip-- the cost was $8k (individual cost will vary), for me it just made more economical sense.

For me the worst part of the procedure was the injections in the back of the head and the fluid injected at the temple area.... made me want to pass out! After the numbing took effect everything else was painless, the procedure took about 5 hours. In addition to filling my edges I wanted to lower my hairline. My two areas of concern were my edges and the scar in the back of my head (donor site) overall I'm happy there is still swelling but the scar already seem undectable --will keep you posted.

Edges Pulled Out (pics)

I wanted to add some pics
Dr. Matt Huebner

Dr. Huebner answered every question had....I didn't feel rushed, I was super nervous and he was patient and reassuring.