Breast Reduction Done by Dr. Brantley - Botched and Unable to Wear Lingerie/Swimwear - Flowood, MS

After a consultation with Dr. Shelby Brantley and...

After a consultation with Dr. Shelby Brantley and assisting nurse, I felt comfortable going forward with a breast reduction under his care. As with most medical procedures, the operation overview (timeline, incision type and placement, post-op expectations, etc.) was explained to me the morning of the actual breast reduction. I agreed with the details and how Dr. Brantley proposed to perform the operation and signed the required paperwork....something I regret to this day. Though there was a post-op complication (actually ripping of soft skin) with the sutures and my body's sensitivity/rejection to the type of material used to close the incision, I certainly would not blame that on Dr. Brantley. However, once alternative measures were taken to close the incision and the wound began to heal and the initial concern for infection or other non-aesthetic issues had was at this point that I noticed what he had actually done to my breasts.

Instead of making a "lollipop incision" as discussed both during the consultation as well as in pre-op overview, Dr. Brantley decided that while I was under sedation and unable to make coherent decisions would be the perfect time to revise the surgery terms we had agreed upon and he made a large anchor incision: one horizontal cut which is an inch from the base of the breast (where breast meets torso) and reaches from the outer corner of the breast (can be seen with low-armhole tops and triangle bikinis), it also extends an inch on the inner side of each breast (cleavage area). Not only are the incisions incorrectly placed, but Dr. Brantley felt the need to relocate my nipples so high that I am unable to wear anything other than full-coverage bras or triangle swimsuits due to the nipple literally being higher than the bra line. I constantly have to my breasts down into the bra so that my nipples do not 'creep' over the top. For someone who is barely past 30 and in otherwise great shape, it is a shame I feel self-conscious because of this supposedly corrective surgery.

But what I have mentioned isn't the worst part. When I contacted Dr. Brantley's office because I was unhappy with both the outcome of the procedure and the fact that he had essentially not provided the service we agreed upon, I was told he would be willing to correct the surgery at my own personal expense. After arguing my case and requesting a post-op follow-up, I was asked to not contact the office again. This is how much Dr. Brantley cares about his patients. Buyer beware.
Jackson Plastic Surgeon