Invisalign to Correct Overbite and Gaps Left from Previous Brace!

This is my journey of Invisalign which is 32 sets...

This is my journey of Invisalign which is 32 sets of retainers plus attachments.

I went for an initial consultation in May 2016 to get my teeth generally looking nicer and fill large gaps left over from a previous brace (from another dentist with no retainer offered).

For simplicity, let's call my dentist Dr Michael as I can neither pronounce or spell his surname (sorry!) Dr. Micheal discovered from X-rays that I had a historic injury to my front upper incisor (chipped from play-fighting with my brother when I was around 10 years old!).  Dr Micheal recommended before proceeding with Invisalign that he perform a root canal treatment on the tooth which lasted 4 months.

Dr Micheal was brilliant and very skilled at performing the deep root canal treatment, which needed several sessions (because the root had died 20+ years ago it was so old and full of gross stuffs). I subsequently developed an abscess, which was to be expected and I was made fully aware that it would be inevitable. As soon as I got the pain, the team at Finest Dental fitted me in to an emergency appointment to drain the access. Immediately I felt 100% better it was a waiting game for a few weeks for the area to heal up before we started the Invisalign treatment on 30th September 2016.

I wore a brace in my teens but was never offered a retainer, so my teeth went all directions and I have gaps to fill. I had 4 troublesome wisdom teeth removed plus 4 other teeth from overcrowding so my retainers look like they are for a young child! I will be getting 6 x veneers plus whitening at the end of treatment for my perfect smile.

Day 5 - Feeling like a teething puppy!

I have got used to the trays being in my mouth but the pressure is noticeable for me most of the time and feels like I want to bite down on something really hard at the back of my mouth.

I haven't had any pain yet that has needed any painkillers as others have described - let's see if that still stands when I switch to the 2nd set.

When I take the trays out it feels like I have no teeth, a very strange sensation and eating anything hard is a bit sensitive for my molars.

Before starting the Invisalign I was a constant snacker but I'm eating more at meals x3 a day so I can maximise the time the trays are in my mouth.

As I work in a home environment it's simple for me to brush my teeth and the trays...but I am aware that over brushing is not great for enamel, so for now I am trying to be disciplined about not snacking.

Invisalign - one week in and I can already see minor changes

I've been wearing the Invisalign trays for one week now and I've become really used to having them in. The aches I had when taking out the trays had gone by day 5 and I now don't notice any aching when eating also.

I just stuck to soft foods like gnocchi/pasta with plus soups and jacket potatoes for a few days.

No one has picked up that I'm wearing the trays yet (at least they haven't commented, but perhaps that is just what we Brits do).

As mentioned in the title, I have already noticed small movement in my lower teeth.

I'm changing trays in 7 days so I will update then with a new pic too.

10 days in - only minor teething problems!

10 days in and going well so far.

On Sunday I went on my first night out after getting the trays and it went ok.
I was a bit naughty by not taking the trays out but I was sticking to light coloured drinks to not discolour them and taking my
dentists advice to rinse my mouth out if brushing is not accessible.

The underside of my tongue got a bit sore from scratching the trays but it seems to have heeled up fine. It's a big change for the mouth to have 2 pieces of plastic in there pretty much the whole time so I expected some minor teething problems (pun very much intended there!)

I change to the next trays (set no.2) on Friday evening so I will after that.

Set 2 aligners of 32 - no problem

I changed to set 2 of trays yesterday on day 14. No problems or discomfort. In 2 weeks I go to my orthodontist Michael to have my teeth filed down and "buttons" stuck on so will update when that happens
Dr. Michael Tsitsikopoulos