Active, 37-Year-Old Mom...Finally Doing It! - Fargo, ND

I'm an active, 37-year-old mom with two beautiful...

I'm an active, 37-year-old mom with two beautiful boys (10 and 6) and a very supportive husband. After 2 c-sections and 2 BIG pregnancy bellies, my diastasis recti and extremely wrinkly, saggy tummy skin are bad enough that no amount of working out will get the results I would love to see. I'm a runner; I lift weights; I do yoga...but when you're 5'4", 125 lbs and your pregnancy tummy is 52" around...no amount of exercise can work a miracle! :)

My hubby and I finally decided it was time for a consult. I saw Dr. Lamb and was so impressed by his extremely thorough consult and positive bedside manner. He spent 2 hours with me, and only about 5 minutes of that was examining my tummy. He explained the entire procedure to me, from prep to surgery, to recovery--with the risks, side effects, and his philosophy after doing 25 years of surgery. I left feeling excited and booked my surgery three days later.

Now I'm a little over a week out, and I've been through every emotion in the book! Fear, excitement, uncertainty--you name it; I've felt it. I'm most nervous for the recovery. I've been told it's similar to c-sections, which I'm hoping for.

I'll post pictures tomorrow! The pictures and reviews on realself have been such a help to me!

PreOp Photos

Here are my "Pre" photos. Surgery in 8 days!!!
Fargo Plastic Surgeon