62 years old getting Breast Reduction- Fall River, MA

I am like most of you women out there. I have...

I am like most of you women out there. I have always thought about getting a breast reduction, but for one reason or other never did it until now. In my younger years my breasts were manageable and part of who I was, but menopause caused so many changes and as the years passed my breasts became larger and I hated looking at them each day.
At the time of my surgery I was wearing a 36 M bra and could sometimes squeeze myself into a 38 DDD with most of my breasts stuffed into my arm pits. Forget wearing anything sleeveless!
I am also the caregiver for my husband, who has Parkinson's Disease, and my 88 and 90 year old parents, and I could feel my own health declining (the constant back ache, stiff neck, sore shoulders, and bruised ribs from the underwear bras) and knew I had to do this now or I never would. How could I be the best caregiver for the people I love if I was in constant pain and knowing it would only get worse? The thought of lugging these things around for the rest of my life would put me in a panic.
I met with my PS on July 7, 2016, and he said I was a definite candidate and felt sure my insurance would cover the cost. We made an appointment for the surgery 3 weeks later, August 2nd, at the Same Day Surgical Center. My surgery went well, 8 lbs was removed, and I haven't had any of my previous pains.
He hardest part was being patient throughout the recovery process and wearing the compression bra 24/7. I did have complications at week 3 where open wounds appeared at the right breast surgical site. PS said that it happens sometimes when they remove a lot of tissue, some of the fatty tissue inside the breast dies, and the body wants it out, so it has to find a way out, and the best way is through the incision. They are nearly closed now, and I haven't had any drainage from them in weeks.
I am beyond happy with my results. My only regret is that I wanted this long to do this.
I can't wait to go bathing suit shopping this spring, something that I dreaded my entire life, and buy cute bras.
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Clukies has years of experience and gifted hands, has a wonderful personality, and is kind and caring. His staff is helpful, knowledgeable, and willing to listen and answer any questions you may have.