Breast Lift with Implants - 42 Yrs Old, 5'7", 145lbs

I have never had great breasts. Ever since I...

I have never had great breasts. Ever since I could remember they were droopy, even when I was 16. I thought about getting a lift when I was in my 20s, but was told it would be better to wait until after having children. I decided to wait and went on with my life. I got married and had 3 children and really just stopped thinking about my breasts. I always wore a 34D/36C, so size wasn’t really an issue and I could always wear push up bras to make them look nice in clothes.

Recently, I started to think about surgery again. I had been working out consistently for a few years and was in good shape. But one thing I could never fix at the gym was my breasts. So I decided to start going on some consultations to see what my options were. I saw a total of 3 doctors and decided on Dr. Sofer. I had heard only good things about him and I liked him and patient coordinator, Jennifer, was awesome.

I found it really hard to plan the timing. I wanted to be as minimally disruptive to my family as possible, so I ended up scheduling my surgery for just a few weeks after my first consult. Dr. Sofer happened to have a cancellation and I grabbed it.

I started looking through Realself for ideas of wish pics and came across one review that really became my goal wish boobs (Thank you RubyHolly21!).

I had always loved the ‘fake’ look so I did want to get implants to go along with my lift. I started bringing lots of pictures, including emailing RubyHolly21’s whole review, and he suggested that given the pictures I was showing him, he thought I should go with something around 400cc. I had never thought about going that big but after reading lots of reviews and stories, I started to feel like that was what I wanted to do. I already knew that I wanted high profile as well. So in the end I went with Natrelle textured 400cc high profile. I am only on day 4 post op so far but I am so happy with the results. Dr. Sofer did an AMAZING job!

Day 5 Post Op

Each day gets better and better. I saw my breasts on the day after my surgery at my post-op and could not believe how great they looked. I really never imagined they could look that way. Amd the best part is that I didn't end up needing a full anchor. I still can't completely see, but tye horizontal incision doesn't look to be more than an inch wide. I stopped the percocet and valium after day 3 and switched to 800mg ibuprofen.

It's interesting, in clothes, I don't look that much bigger than before (when I would wear a push up vs bra), but naked they look huge (well to me anyway!) I love them some far!

One week Post-Op

Things are improving with each day! I stopped my pain meds after day 3 and switched to 800mg motrin as directed by my ps. By now it has become more of a feeling of discomfort rather than pain. My breasts are still very tight and hard - I can't wait for them to soften up! My ps had me remove the tapes around my areola on Saturday (3 days po) and they have begun to heal nicely. (I will post pics later.) I am switching off between my surgical bra and a Fruit of the Loom front snap bra (both equally unattractive!) and hoping that my ps will let me switch to the zip up Danskin bras after my second post-op appointment tomorrow.

I still get tired and winded very quickly, which is so hard for me. Prior to surgery I worked out every day and felt strong. But I guess this is just a part of surgery and other ladies tell me this could last a few weeks. Looking forward to healing!!

9 Days Post Op

Everyday I am just happier and happier with the results. Starting at about day 7, I started to feel like I could slowly resume daily activities, including driving. I was able to drive my kids to their after school activities and get out of the house on my own so that was great. I took 800mg of motrin on that day and that was it. The next day I didn't even need any painkiller, but I did end up taking 400mg of motrin in the evening because after a day of driving the kids around and searching through the depths of the Walmart bra section, I was beat.

My areola are healing nicely. There are a few scabs still and the swelling has gone down a lot. I didn't have too much bruising and I am sure that is due to the arnica and bromlain I took.

For bras, my ps liked the Danskin front zip I showed him so I bought a bunch of those. I would like to try an Under Armour Protegee but I have no clue what size to buy. I also ordered some Genie bras for sleeping in.

I am continually amazed with my new breasts, lol. When I wear a t-shirt, they look just about the same size as they did before, but nicer (and younger, lol). But in a bra or tank top they look really big to me. Before my ba/bl I was a 34D and my implants were 400cc textured high profile.

I am so thrilled with my choice of ps. I never thought I could achieve the results I did. Dr. Sofer is really so amazing!! And his office staff could not be nicer. So far all is great!
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sofer and his staff were always there to answer any and all of my questions. He is an amazing plastic surgeon and I am so happy with his work!