Wanting Natural Looking Breasts That Matched my Frame - Fairfax, VA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am 5'7 and generally around 130-135 lbs. I was a...

I am 5'7 and generally around 130-135 lbs. I was a small B cup and there was nothing wrong with that. I just always wished I filled out my own body and clothes better. Of course, I was concerned with all the potential risks of surgery. I found a surgeon with many good reviews. After talking with my boyfriend I decided to call for a consult, after all it was free so it couldn't hurt. After taking with the surgeon I felt so confident that I wanted to do it. I made an appointment that day

Fast forward 3 months. One week before my surgery I had a pre op appointment where I tried on sizers and got all my prescriptions so I could fill them beforehand. I decided on 425 cc silicone, mod profile, under the muscle, inframammary incision.

The day of my surgery I was nervous, anxious, excited, and happy, I had surgery before so I wasn't so nervous about the actual surgery as I was about how I would feel after. The pre op nurse took vital signs, gave me XR oxycontin, started an IV and some fluids, and I just relaxed until surgery. Everything was explained to me over and over again and everyone was very nice. I walked back to the OR with the nurse and sat down on the table. The anesthesiologist stated he was going to push some medication into my IV to help me relax then proceed with the sedation. I was knocked out as soon as the medication ran through my IV. I woke up in post op. I was still very drowsy. The nurse sat me up and my pain was 8/10. She pushed some morphine and it quickly went down. The was the worst of my pain during the entire recovery process.

I did the rapid recovery program as instructed by my surgeon. This meant moving my arms up and down 5x/hr and laying on my chest for 15 min a night for 3 nights. I had no post surgical bra. I just wore a sports bra with a zip up front. I read women not getting out of bed for days and not being able to pull up their pants. This was not the case at all for me. My boyfriend was with me, but actually only helped by driving me places and with small tasks such as opening bottles and putting my coat on. I fed myself and dressed myself for the most part. The day after surgery my boyfriend and I actually spent several hours walking around the mall before my follow up appointment with my surgeon. I had vicodin and percocet available in addition to ibuprofen. The percocet personally helped me the most. The worst day was post op day 2. The pain at most was a 4/10. It was mostly a sore feeling and discomfort from the swelling. I used the pain medicine to just take the edge off, and I kept worrying if I didn't take it then the pain would get really bad, but it never did. If anything, the constipation I had after surgery was worse than the pain. I was constipated for a couple days then took a stool softener and laxative. Definitely take a stool softener if you are using stronger pain meds

It is now almost 1 week post op, and I am so happy with my results. The swelling is already greatly decreased. I really believe the rapid recovery program helped me tremendously to reduce my pain as much as possible and get me feeling better sooner. So far I have had no complications and I hope that continues. I will update with any changes

Dr Hess is absolutely wonderful. He made me feel very at ease and confident that I would get the results I wanted. He was very kind, honest, and professional.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful