Peri-oral Lines Caused by Radiation (And Being 41 - Englewood, CO

I'm 41 years old and had radiation to my face and...

I'm 41 years old and had radiation to my face and neck 2 years ago for cancer. I had great skin with few wrinkles before but radiation wreaked havoc! I developed awful "smokers lines" around my lips that were not present before radiation (the radiation destroys collagen). And I have never smoked.

I had 2 syringes of Restylane Silk injected around my mouth (not IN my lips) and feel this is absolutely the best correction I've had for my radiation damage to date. I am 7 months out now and have only had a mild increase in my lower lip wrinkling (Silk is only supposed to last 6 months).

The injections are definitely painful ( I declined the numbing lidocaine injection). I had swelling and bruising like I do after every procedure. I also had "hemosiderin staining" (a shadow of the bruise remains for months due to iron being left in the tissues) from the brushing which is still faintly visible.

Will definitely repeat as needed.

I don't have any pre pics-sorry.
Dr. Chris Cote