All reviews

Story Update

7 Mar 2017

3 weeks post op

48 year old upper anchor blephoraplasty

I did a lot of research into my surgery as I wanted to have a specialist surgeon rather than just a general cosmetic one. Even though I live in the South of England, my research led me to Mr Cheung in Birmingham. I had an in-depth consultation and knew straight away he was the right person for me. He concluded that I needed an anchor blepharoplasty to sort out my sagging lid crease and excess skin. I returned a couple of months later and had the procedure done under local anesthetic which was absolutely fine. It involved injections into my upper lids and I didn't feel a thing. Mr Cheung suspected that I would require an additional procedure involving the tendon and the tarsal plate which had caused my lids to slip, but he couldn't confirm this until the operation had commenced. During the operation, he told me that the tendon was very stretched and he performed this procedure at the same time, as he felt otherwise, it would need doing in the future. After the procedure I left he hospital and caught the train home. Mr Cheung is a great surgeon and made me feel very relaxed and confident in his ability. Its now 2 weeks since the operation and I am very pleased with the results. I still have slightly more swelling on one lid so they are a little uneven, but they are changing each day. The difference between my before and after pictures are remarkable I think! My advice is that you really must wait for that 14 day post op date as that is when a lot of the swelling quickly goes down and you feel ready to face the world. At day 10 ish you may think your eyes will never look right again.... just stick with it :-)