Exceptional service

Doctor Review

25 Sep 2016
Updated 1 day ago

Exceptional service

Having my lipoma removed was a decision that I wrestled with for many years. When I initially noticed this ball-shaped growth on my back, fear overwhelmed me. I immediately ran to my primary care doctor who informed me that what I had was common and it was not malignant. However, over the years, I watched it grow and grow. Because of Its size and location, it influenced my wardrobe choices and reduced my participating in certain outdoor activities where it could be noticed. 2016 was going to be the year that I was going to be “lipoma free.” Researching lipoma removal surgery online yielded a lot of videos of the procedure as well as the names of many board-certified plastic surgeons in New York. Dr. Engler’s name kept coming up in my search results. His $1000 fee for the procedure was within the range of my budget as well. Making an appointment for a consultation with him was very easy. After meeting with Dr. Engler, I felt a great weight, literally, being lifted off my shoulders. Dr. Engler’s congenial disposition combined with his professionalism put me at ease regarding the procedure. There was minimal preparation for the excision. The procedure itself took about an hour at his office. Throughout the procedure, Dr. Engler and his assistant made me comfortable and I felt relaxed. Later that evening, Dr. Engler telephoned me to see how I was feeling. Subsequent check-up visits with Dr. Engler re-assured me that I was healing well. It’s been one month— I am lipoma free and grateful to Dr. Engler for his great work. I highly recommend Dr. Engler to anyone who is thinking about having a lipoma removed. The only regret that I have is waiting so long to have mine removed.