Vaser Lipo/Smart Lipo for 23-year-old

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had laser liposuction on my abdomen and flanks...

I had laser liposuction on my abdomen and flanks at the Elk Grove Medical Spa (now Precision MD) on February 4, 2017. The staff were friendly and there was no pressure during the consultation. They made me feel safe and welcome. I received a combination of Vaser Lipo and SmartLipo Triplex. The procedure lasted about four hours, and I was premedicated with pain meds and epinephrine. 7 small incisions were made on my abdomen, and 4 more on my back. I was given local anesthesia and was awake during the procedure. The sensation during the abdomen treatment was manageable, but I was in pain during the back treatment. How you handle the actual procedure will depend on your pain tolerance and body sensitivity.

My post-op recovery lasted a few weeks, longer than I had anticipated. I underestimated the swelling, pain, and drainage. I'll admit that I stopped wearing the garment after about a week; it is advised to wear it for four weeks. After a month, I resumed exercise.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the results. My only qualm is that the scars are still visible and will probably take time to heal and fade. I am prone to scarring, however, and this may not be the case for everyone. I recommend exercising moderately 2-3 times a week to tone up the rest of your body and accentuate your progress. This procedure definitely helped build my confidence and has motivated me to maintain my figure.
Elk Grove Physician