Consultation review: I Left His Office in Tears Today - Edmonton, AB

I had a very traumatic year giving birth to a...

I had a very traumatic year giving birth to a little girl with a life threatening syndrome called CHARGE Syndrome. She has had 13 surgeries in 13 months where I spent the last year walking the hard floors of the Stollery, sleeping in chairs and ripping out all my stitches.

Understandably, I have not had a lot of time to take care of myself. I finally am in a place where I can start to heal and decided to start the process through my plastic surgery consult. I had done a lot of research on Dr. Feng and was ready to book my surgery with him this winter. I was even willing to put my deposit down today.

The whole time I was in the consult I felt very uncomfortable. He didn't even smile or shake my hand. He just kept looking at his watch and was visibly annoyed by all my questions. He made me feel like I was wasting his time. He told me he would answer my questions in more detail once I lost more weight. AND if I didn't lose it to cancel my appointment and reschedule until I did so.

He promotes his business through giving mommy makeovers and boosting their confidence through trasformation. From the experience I had today there was no sense of compassion or empathy for this mom. He was not the least bit interested in my story.

No mother should be made to feel this way. He judged me before I even spoke……I left his office in tears today.
Edmonton Plastic Surgeon