Finally Done It! - Edinburgh, GB

I have hated my nose for as long as I can remember...

I have hated my nose for as long as I can remember and more so over the past few years - I'm 28 now and I'm sure it's just kept growing. I felt it's now or never so I decided to just go for it get it over with and get on with my life.

After much research I decided to go with mr awf quaba at the spire hospital in Edinburgh, he has an excellent portfolio and I was impressed with his work. So I booked and had my op done on Monday 6 October.

All went really well - all staff at the spire are amazing, you couldn't ask for a better service. I was terrified - if Id known how easy it would have been I wouldn't have been scared one bit. Til now I haven't experienced any pain at all - except getting the stitches out, ouch! Also I had tiny bruising under both eyes but that cleared up completely within a couple of days. Unfortunately I took an allergic reaction to something (only me) and I had to get the cast off 2 days after surgery. I looked like a monster with the rash all over my nose, it was horrific but i was reassured by mr quaba and the nurses they'd look after me and it wouldn't effect my final result. It took good few days but with steriod cream it's pretty much cleared up, yay :) Mr quaba also phoned me to check how it was clearing up which I though was nice. I felt well looked after so wasn't worried.

I'm now 9 days post op, loving my side profile and not having a bridge that looks broken. From the front it still looks swollen and uneven - my left side looks different but im not worrying myself about this as I've read lots about uneven swelling.

I am so happy I've finally sorted this nose out, mr quaba is an amazing surgeon. I'll post a pic of my side profile for now, I don't feel pics do it justice at the moment - looks different in pics than what I see in the Mirror.

Another before picture

3 week post op

All is going well, still have lots of swelling but I'm just trying to be patient. My top lip still doesn't move much although there has been a slight improvement so hopefully not to long til I have my smile back :) sneezed for the first time tonight (I've been terrified of this lol) and it wasn't sore at all. It's still early days but I feel so much better about myself already! X

Another pic

9 week post op

All is going great loving my new nose more and more as time goes on. Patience is a virtue - which you need for rhinoplasty :D
Edinburgh Plastic Surgeon