Adult Otoplasty - Edina, MN

37 year old adult female. Pursued Otoplasty as an...

37 year old adult female. Pursued Otoplasty as an adult because I have always had one ear that stuck out significantly from the other ear and never liked wearing my hair up. Was looking for consultation on the best way to make both ears as similar as possible whether that was having the procedure done on one ear or both. Disappointed with Dr. Smith's inflexibility to address my specific needs as you can tell he is just clearly set in his ways. See notes below on doctor review.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Smith is very old school and set in his ways. Because I had one ear that stuck out more than the other I spoke with him about doing the procedure on one ear because I wanted to ensure they looked the same after the surgery. He insisted that the procedures must be done on both and that he could ensure they were similar even having the procedure on both. At post consult 2 months after the surgery it was clear that having the surgery on both ears did exactly as I feared. One ear was pinned even further back but the ear that had stuck out was pinned back far less so though it is better and both are pinned back more there is still a significant difference between the two. Dr. Smith didn't care that to hear about my concerns and only rationalized how he did the right thing. Offered no solutions to correct the issue. His bedside manner is horrible as you can tell he is set in his ways and will do things how he wants and doesn't really care to listen to the actual patients. Glad I had the procedure done but wish I would have gone with a different surgeon....UPDATE: Received a call from his office after I posted this review requesting that I come back and speak with him. The appointment was much of the same with him spending the majority of the time talking and rationalizing how he did everything correctly. He took measurements which confirmed that the results were different on both sides. Offered a "free" corrective surgery but would have to be done at Fairview so there would be a significant facility fee because he isn't willing to do it in his offices where he does his initial surgeries.