Horrible Decision. Eagan, MN

I chose mesotherapy as a way to reduce fat and...

I chose mesotherapy as a way to reduce fat and cellulite in my thighs. I am not overweight, so I wanted something minimally invasive, and this seemed like a good choice. I trusted the doctor, and felt comfortable when he recommended mesotherapy. I was told that my results weren't guaranteed, and that it only worked in about 40% of people. Right then and there, I should have walked away. (Hindsight is 20/20!)
The procedure itself was excruciating. Each injection felt like lava being shot into the back of my legs. When I got to my car, I could hardly bear to sit down, and the drive home was torturous. For the next month, it hurt to sit, lay down, walk, etc. Running (which I normally do 15-30 miles a week), was absolutely out of the question. I swelled up so much that none of my pants fit me anymore. It took almost 2.5 months before I could fit into my pants again. To this day, (two years later), I still have dark marks where the injections were. And sadly, after all that, I did not have ANY positive results. RUN AWAY from mesotherapy. It is 100% not worth it.
Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon