TT, Lipo -DR

I'm going to the Dominican Republic June 14th to...

I'm going to the Dominican Republic June 14th to have a mm with Dr. Goico. Im 5'4 and weigh 145lbs. I'm interested in getting rid of my stretch marks, extra skin and having a more contoured shape. I'm also in need of having these boobies lifted. One pleasant surprise that I'm excited about is that Dr Fg stated that he could do something about my cellulite while doing my surgery. So now, I'm working on getting my iron up. I last he it checked was in February and it was 11.5. I'm currently taking floradix 2x's a day; blood builders 1x per day; eating beets and sardines; drinking oj. Hopefully I'll be over 13 before surgery; I don't have wish pics because I think I'd be disappointed; I am sharing my pics I sent to Dr Fg; any suggestions are welcome!

Made it to the DR

Hi all! So I'm finally here. Despite the financial setbacks and disapproval from my loved ones...I've made it. When I woke up this morning, i forgot for a moment that I was in the DR about to have surgery. I almost went for my water and vitamin cocktail but then I remembered hey...I'm having surgery today. So here's the quick breakdown: I arrived at SDQ and went to exit airport. The TOURIST CARD I had purchased online at (dgii.gov.do) allowed me to skip the long line and go quickly through customs. I get through baggage claim and there was Arelis and another RS sister (rss) waiting for me. Both were amazing. I knew the rss was just about 2wks post op & she was moving about! You could tell that she wasn't 100% but she was doing really well & I was super impressed. From moment 1 Arelis was kind and nurturing & it was authentic. Omg, the level of attentiveness that I rcvd from her, wouldn't have been available to me back home (& I'm still pre op). since I arrived early enough, I went straight to Dr. Goico's office and had my blood, X-rays, ekg, & consultation done; As mentioned numerous times Dr Goico speaks excellent English. He was kind, professional and knowledgeable. He explained the risk and made sure that he thoroughly understood what I wanted. It's funny because I didn't have my usual "I'm naked and the lights are on" uncomfortableness with him. I was just in front of the mirror going over the action plan. After consult, I had to fill out more paperwork & Karel helped me. She was also super kind & sweet. Very pretty too! She was working from the moment I arrived. She was so busy, yet stayed on top of everything & still so friendly was so impressive to me.

The recovery house is really nice. I have a large bedroom with private bathroom. It has the supplies that I need. I was able to pack light. There are 4 other women here. All are nice. We eat together and chit chat. It's kinda like being in a dorm or reality tv show together....except that everyone is super cool, supportive and there's no drama. Anyway, I'll update after surgery!

The Flatside

Hi all! Well I made it through surgery and am less than 24hrs post op. My hemo wasn't high enough for bl and I didn't get the bbl so I actually got tt w/mr, lipo & celfina cellulite reduction on my butt. Here's the breakdown: arrived at clinic around 11am. Met with cardiologist, very sweet young lady, Dr Fg marked me up, then I got the blue pill & some other sedation. I woke up in recovery room. The morning after two nurses put faja on me.

Right now I'm sore, but it's only noticeable when I move. I mainly feel the faja compressing my body. The IV being flushed hurts too.

Plastimed clinic is very modern. I had an individual room with bathroom, closet and couch. If you can have someone stay with you through the night, the think it's a good idea. The nurses are friendly but ask them to keep your door open. There aren't any call buttons and my nurse had trouble hearing me for awhile, probably because of the door being closed and the a/c's running. Still she was very nice and helped with everything I needed. Based on my low pain tolerance im glad I only had tt/lipo. I have a few pics to share.

The Flatside

Post op update

Hi all,

As of today I am 10 days post op. Both drains have been removed and I'll be going into my stage 2 faja today. I am not in pain but i do have swelling which is very uncomfortable. I'm also not walking completely upright so my back is sore. My results are far from final and I have some bruising around my belly button. Dr. Fg has been very responsive and hands on with my recovery. I definitely feel supported by him and his staff. The fact that I go to his office 6 days a week is incredible. Although I haven't had any complications, if there were any Dr FG would be aware of them immediately and able to resolve them quickly.

As others have mentioned, the first couple of days were the worst. Arelis was fantastic! She helped me constantly including getting up to go to the bathroom 2 or 3 times a night. She did everything for me and i needed the help. I don't like being dependent on others, but at the same time, I needed the help and she was more than happy to give it. There is another wonderful lady who works with Arelis and she is a great cook and helps with whatever you need. Now that I'm feeling better and able to do much more for myself, Arelis still checks on me frequently.

All in all, I'm very pleased with both my doctor and recovery house!

Small Improvement & Small Setback

Setback- So today when I went in for my massage we noticed that I had some leakage coming from my incision. Edu squeezed it and some liquid came out. She immediately informed Dr. Fg & he looked at it and said that it wasn't infected but took a sample for testing. He explained that my stage 2 faja was too tight (I had been miserable in it) and put too much pressure on the incision. He prescribed an ointment that I'm to apply 2x per day. He also told me to resume wearing my stage 1 faja for now. I follow up with him again tomorrow. While I was disappointed with today's events, I was very happy with the level of care and abundance of caution that Dr. Fg and his staff treated me with today.

Improvement- I was able to walk a lot further today than I have since having surgery. I'm trying to push myself a little because I return to work soon.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon