34, 2 Kids, Belt Lipectomy, BA/lift, BBL, and Lipo. Dominican Republic, DO

I had Gastric Bypass surgery in 2006 and lost...

I had Gastric Bypass surgery in 2006 and lost 155lbs. I am 5'6 and currently weight 180. I workout often and wear a size 8-10. I have wanted to get rid of this extra skin for a very long time, but it was cost prohibitive until recently. I researched doctors and contacted a few. Ultimately, I have decided to go with Dr. Mejia. His assistant, Paola, has been great thus far. She has answered all my questions. I am going to have a Belt lipectomy instead of just the tummy tuck due to the loose skin all the way around my waist. I am going by myself, and I am scheduled to stay at Rocio Recovery and Spa. If anyone will be there at the same time, let me know. I am excited to finally be able to do this, but I am also very nervous.

I leave tomorrow.

I an nervous and excited. I did meet a really amazing woman who will be there while I am there, so that helps with anxiety a little. :-) small favors. I am posting some before pics because I just figured out how to! Lol

It's almost go time

I'm a little nervous. The doctor just left from marking me up. I love his personality. He's funny and very energetic. We are doing g 325-350cc implants. 360 tummy tuck and if there is time and my bleeding is minimal, my arms. Originally I was getting liposuction and a bbl, but once he saw me in person he said there is nothing to liposuction out of me...so that is off the table. Keep me in your thoughts!

I'm out.

I'm back in my room. Surgery went well, I think. I was in there around 7ish hours. Unfortunately he couldn't get to my arms. He just did the 360 and the BA/lift and implants. I was awake for most of the TT. The anesthesia started to wear off when they were closing me up. I told them I was in pain and they gave me something that made me think I was at a rave. Up until that point I was calm and collected. As soon as she put that In my it my heart started racing and In my head I thought....you have to be kidding me...rave drugs...not surgery....this is how I die.

Heading to Rocio ortega soon.

I had my iv and catheter removed this morning. I won't see the doctor again until monday, if all goes well. Let me take a minute to comment on the food here at cecilip. If you normally eat pretty healthy... this place is prob not the place to eat. In all of my meals, I've had rolled up turkey and cheese. One meal had a heap of mashed potatoes with cheese melted all over it. I ended up ordering a grilled chicken wrap from the restaurant next door. It was amazing. I wasn't able to have a bbl or my arms done. I asked for a refund on that and it was refused. The doctor told me that a 360 is more expensive.... but when I repeatedly emailed and asked Paola his assistant, she said it was the same price. They seem to be good people but it's pretty chappy that one tells me one thing and the other tells me something different. I'm at their mercy right now so it is what it is. I am not just waiting on my driver to take me to the pharmacy and then to the recovery house.

Before and after of my butt

Dr. Mejia posted the back side of my 360 tummy tuck on instagram. Here ya go. It looks amazing.

5 week update

I just typed a very long review. Realself ate it so now I'm just going to say. Dr. Mejia does immaculate work. I'm very pleased. I ended up with a huge seroma and struggled to find someone to help me here. I found Dr. David Martin in Nashville and he's been amazing. All of the other doctors wouldn't even see me due to having it performed out of country. My incisions are paper thin and great. I had a donut lift with implants. Still waiting on my right breast to catch up to my left. I'm a bit lopsided. I'm attachin a 4 week post op pic
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Great surgeon! Speaks great English and has an amazing sense if humor! His surgical skills are spot on. Would highly recommend him to anyone.