A Journey That Keeps Changing my Life -- Sleeve Gastrectomy - Dominican Republic, DO

Deciding to actually get this procedure done to me...

Deciding to actually get this procedure done to me was easy-- people treat you different when your body doesn't fit a mold and you trying to ignore it eventually gets to you and I didn't want that anymore. I wanted better and got it. People will always talk and be negative about this (really whatever you think of changing about yourself) but you'll be doing this for you. In this journey you find more people like yourself, in things you thought were alone like not loosing weight at the gym while the person next to you was light as a feather or gaining weight just by breathing (not literally but easily).
Meeting this community helps you see a chance at happiness and suddenly everyone wants to cheer for you. You who may have been picked last as a teen, you who doesn't like shopping 'cause it makes you feel huge.
I personally didn't tell anyone but my closest family and friends, most of them supported me. And as my date was approaching people who didn't know could see that I was happier, What they didn't know is I could barely contain myself.
Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Excellent doctor, excellent team. They don't make you feel as the next patient in line but like they've known you for a long time and want the best for you.