In Shape but a Few Trouble Spots - Detroit, MI

I am really good shape, around 21% bodyfat. I...

I am really good shape, around 21% bodyfat. I workout with a trainer and I have optimized my diet as much as possible. Unfortunately I just have a bit of fat on my lower abdomen and my inner thighs that I find to be annoying. I obviously don't need liposuction and I did not want an invasive procedure with downtime. Coolsculpt seemed to be the answer.

I used Ideal Image since it seems like pretty much anyone can do Coolsculpting. You just have to know how to use the machine properly. I was surprised because at the consultation (which was of no cost to me), they were like "oh, so let's get everything set and you can pay for it right now". I didn't like that they were so pushy about it and I agreed to do my abdomen and thighs at the same time.

I made the appointment for the coolsculpting and I changed my mind. I decided to only do my thighs and see what would happen. They tell you it's super easy, there is no pain, etc. That's a flat out lie and after having done the procedure I can tell you why. During the actual procedure, the area where you are Coolsculpting will go numb. Then after the hour, they come in and massage it which is horrible feeling. Afterwards, you feel fine again....for a week and then suddenly your nerves start to heal. It's a pretty irritating burning sensation at both sites.

Obviously it has only been a week so I have not seen any results yet but I will update.

5 weeks out

So I had the Coolsculpting done a little over five weeks ago. At this point, I have seen zero results. I also continue to have some degree of numbness in the treated areas which concerns me. Ideal Image tells me that I can have the same spot treated again and I will potentially have better results. Basically that some people need more than one treatment. I do not want to do this because I am still having numbness which doesn't seem normal. Overall, I regret doing it because it was a big waste of money. They told me I might see something in the next three weeks but it is really doubtful considering I have seen nothing as of yet
Ideal Image

They had a NP Skype with me to clear me for the procedure. That was annoying because she was late and I had to wait for over 30 minutes for her to get to her computer. The nurses were nice and accommodating.