37 Years Old - Fractional Laser for Minor Skin Elasticity Issues

I am a skin obsessed mother of two very small...

I am a skin obsessed mother of two very small children. The sleepless nights have paid a toll on my skin elasticity. Also, I grew up under the sun and have a lot of discoloration due to sun damage and also remnants of pregnancies. I get IPL photo facial every month but decided to go deeper! I found fractional laser on Groupon. It was $150 for one session and then $140 for two sessions. In total I bought three. I also had Groupon coupons.

Today is the first day so I can't say that I'm happy with the results. I'm in the inflammatory period where my face looks plump due to all the swelling in the deep tissue areas.

Having had IPL and microneedling WITHOUT numbing cream and fractional laser WITH the numbing cream I can say this did not hurt AT ALL. The cream is wearing off and it just feels like a sunburn from deep within.

Will post more in a few days.

Day 2 - burning subsided

The sunburn sensation yesterday was about a 8/10. Today it's a 3/10. Bc I can't be exposed to the sun i did my daily walk around sunset with a wide brim hat and 2 thick coats of sunscreen. Skin seems tighter but I think it's just from the inflammation. ????

DAY 3 - Avoiding the sun is annoying

Not much to report, the skin is looking tighter and very dewy but I imagine its still due to inflammation. I've developed a small pimple on my cheek which is odd bc I rarely if ever break out and never on my cheek. Maybe its the constant aquaphor? Staying indoors is getting annoying. If I go outside to check the mail or what have you I put two layers of sun screen on and where a wide brim hat. Maybe I should have had these good sun-habits to begin with?
I've been reading a LOT of horrible reviews about how lasers cause fat atrophy and wrinkles. This is freaking me out so I have decided to get my 2nd and 3rd treatments until 6 months have passed so I can make sure I don't have any adverse reactions.
If my skin stays as tight as it is now I would say it was money well spent! Pores are tighter and when i touch my face it feels smooth and tight :)

Day 4, pores are smaller

will post a photo later today or tomorrow. Skin has some blotchy slightly red areas still. I never had any sloughing or scabbing. Skin is still has a nice glow, and the pores are definitely tighter! I know this for a FACT bc usually on the sides of my nostrils the pores are enlarged, and oil accumulates there making blackheads. I look now, the pores are so tight there isn't even room for a black head :) Im really hoping this is a "permanent" result of the laser. Otherwise I am not really seeing any changes except for the glow and slight increased firmness.

Lighting, angle, and camera distance vary so it's hard to make this a proper representation. Not sure if there is a change.

Day 5- procedure worth it

It was worth the time and money I have decided. I may come back and change my review later if I change my mind. But my skin is wayyyy smoother. I can't explain it but the texture is tighter and smoother. Even though it's still splotchy with red areas and slightly discovered I have a feeling makeup is going to glide on really well Bc it's so smooth. I'll post a pic w makeup later.

So day 5. I'm continuing w the aquaphor bc it does feel a little dry. I'll continue to stay out of the sun for a few more days and then be neurotic about going out doors for the rest of my life. Don't want to undo the results. Ha ha.

UPPER LIP LINES GONE!!!!

omg. I was looking in the mirror for progress and I can't l believe it but the lines above my upper lip are like GONE. I looked like a smoker even though I never smoke. I had one VERY deep crease right at the arc of the Cupid's bow. On the left BEFORE photo you can see it. That's with MAKEUP on!! (I put concealer on it Bc it's so bad).... on the AFTER photo that is with NO make up. The small lines are gone and the deep Cupid bow line is diminished GREATLY. Like it's about half the length and now and half the depth.

SOLD.

5 days out side by side

I am wearing tinted moisturizer on the after photo and blush. No concealer which I usually have to do for my lines.

Skin is def firmer and brighter.

Can't wait for more of this stuff! Hope to post more after photos in a few months.

Day 6

Skin seems sensitive to heat. And it feels dry so I keep using the aquaphor. Today put manuka honey on it too to help speed up healing.
Looks good just tight and dry.
Jill

She was great! Answered all my questions.