Blurred vision for Lasik Enhancement. Doctor was a "No-Show" for 1 week Post-surgical Follow-up. - Littleton, CO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

This enhancement ruined my vision in my dominant...

this enhancement ruined my vision in my dominant left eye. Dr. Rimer was supposed to see me for my 1 week follow-up and she failed to show. Instead, I was seen by a tech who told me I could discontinue my post-surgery eye medications and did not stress any follow-up appointments. Also, Dr. Rimer did not reschedule her missed one week post-surgery appointment with me. By the time I saw her a year later, the damage was done. I have corneal scarring and epithelial cells under the corneal flap. I now have reduced sensitivity in that eye due to the scarring and destruction of corneal nerves, which results in reduced tear production. This results in blurred vision. I have been trying restasis and other dry eye medications for 2 years now, but the haze and blurred vision still continues. I was never allowed to meet with Dr. Spivack to discuss everything, even though I requested it. I have only been allowed to meet with their optometrists.

Spivack

Possibly permanently blurred vision in the enhanced eye. No 1 week follow-up appointment with a doctor, even though I was there for my appointment. Further follow-up was not stressed by tech and was advised to discontinue post-surgery medications without a doctor's recommendation. The optometrist, Dr. Rimer, did not show up for my one week post-surgical appointment and she did not reschedule for another 1 week post-surgical appointment.