52yo Male with Droopy Eyes and Lower Bags - Denver, CO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I noticed how droopy my eyelids had become about 2...

I noticed how droopy my eyelids had become about 2 years ago. I figured that's how a guys eyes should be. Then I finally decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I did about 11 consults and still didn't feel comfortable getting the procedure done. Most of the offices were too elegant looking for me. In December I finally found a PS that was a non nonsense kind of PS and scheduled an appointment for the procedure. So this is how it went down. I met with the PS in his office and it took all of 3 minutes. The day of the procedure I was tended to by the "girls" in the office, they never said who they were and didn't have name tags. One girl asked me to wash my face, which I did, (the sink looked a little dirty) I let the hot water run for some time before it got hot and I rinsed the sink out using one of several towels the girl gave me. After washing my face I was finally called into the procedure room where I laid on a warm gurney. My PS walked in acknowledged me and went to work. He shot my uppers with some numbing meds and proceeded to cut. I didn't feel anything and it felt like he was done in 20-30 minutes. After all was done he tapped me on the shoulder and said "all done" and walked out of the room. After that the "girl" walked me to the front office gave me a baggy of frozen peas and that was it. No instructions on how to sleep, nothing. Oh, and I drove myself home.
Thankfully I had no complications and on the 7th day my sutures were removed. But I guess I was a glutten for punishment because my bottom lids looked terrible so I asked what he thought about doing my bottoms and the PS said I can do them in 2 weeks, no consultation, nothing. So like a fool, I scheduled for bottom bleph surgery in Feb. He did the transcutaneous method so I had sutures on the outside of my lids. This time I wasn't given enough numbing med and I felt EVERYTHING, from the cutting to the pushing of the fat and the smell of burning flesh. This procedure took about 30-40 minutes because he also did an upper revision on my left upper lid. Once again he tapped my on the shoulder and said "all done". The "girl" escorted me to the front office gave a baggy of frozen peas and sent me on my way. (I drove myself home). Now with the transcutaneous method some complications may arise. 5 days passed and sutures were removed. I have a little droopiness with my left eye along with twitching, I've been massaging the hell out of my left eye and it appears to be getting better. All seems to be getting back to normal, rather slowly but nonetheless getting better. The moral to this story is, pick your PS very carefully and use the real self web site for answers if you don't get them from your PS. It's been about 7weeks now since lower bleph surgery and my eyes look good considering all I've been through.
Name not provided

My PS didn't have much to say and wasn't very informative.

3 out of 5 stars Overall rating
3 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
3 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
3 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
2 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
2 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
2 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
4 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful