caused abdominal wall hernia - Delafield, WI

I had been going to Enhancing Light in Delafield...

I had been going to Enhancing Light in Delafield for a couple years with huge success with various treatments on my face. So, I was pleased to refer my sister. She decided to get a Velashape done on her thighs. We decided to go together and I would have it done on my abdomen. The first visit, I have to say was excruciating! They barely got started and I made them stop. Within a few days, my abdomen was totally purple black and blue and very painful as if I had been in a car accident and hit the steering wheel with my abdomen. I called them right away to report it and they said it would be normal to have bruising and to wait a week and then it would be okay to continue. When I returned, they barely got started and I screamed for them to stop! They decided that since I had good success with their products on my face they would transfer the abdominal package to my face and stop the Velashape procedure since I could not tolerate it. What wound up happening and why I couldn't tolerate it was they created a huge abdominal wall hernia (ventral hernia) which then also caused an umbilical hernia also. I went to a surgeon with my before pictures from the center and was told that yes the procedure would have caused it. I tried to get them to own up to it, but all they said was "You should have told us you had a hernia." I did not have any indication of a hernia until they started working on me with the Velashape. When you sign consent, they do not say anything about causing injury to the point you would need surgery to fix it, which is what I had to have done. The large abdominal wall hernia was fixed with mesh. My navel had to be removed and restructured because of the injury. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, BUYER BEWARE --Injuries can and do happen! I had a direct witness to all of it with my sister. I only wish I had enlisted the assistance of a lawyer to get them to pay for my surgery. Live and learn.
Enhancing Light

I liked the people at Enhancing Light. Unfortunately, they would not take responsibility for injuring me. On hindsight, I should have enlisted the assistance of a lawyer.