38 Yr-Old, Mother of 2, Serious Incontinence Issues - Delafield, WI

After 2 children and difficult deliveries I have...

After 2 children and difficult deliveries I have significant incontinence issues. Because of my prolapse I was considering a bladder sling to help with my leakage. I wanted to give a non-surgical option a try and ThermiVa seemed to be the most promising. I have no issues with the appearance or sexual function of my vagina; for me incontinence was my concern. You have to completely shave before the day of your procedure. The office takes before pictures and during the procedure it is similar to being in your OB’s office (stirrups and all). There is a small wand with a metal end that gets hot and it is essentially rubbed on the area they are trying to tighten. Dr. Parkins and her staff were very professional during this potentially compromising and uncomfortable procedure. They made sure at all times I was at ease. I was never in any pain. The wand can get quite warm and that is the only physically uncomfortable part. The entire procedure took 1.5 hrs. and later in the day I forgot that I had anything done. Absolutely no down time whatsoever! Before this procedure if I ran or worked out I wore a level 4 poise pad and always wore a level 3 during the day. I am now THRILLED to report that I can wear a level 3 to work out and now during the day wear only a level 2 pad; and sometimes I don’t wear one at all. I’m actually able to walk in heels without leaking! I am having my 2nd procedure soon and will update my progress. This procedure has made significant improvements to my incontinence to say the least. Dr. Parkins a mother herself was incredibly understanding during this entire process. I’m so glad I did it and I can’t wait for the 2nd procedure to see if I again see major improvements. I would encourage anyone searching for a non-surgical incontinence solution to try ThermiVa and go see Dr. Parkins.

Dr. Parkins is AMAZING!

So I had my second treatment of Thermiva and waited to post anything so that I could report the outcome. The procedure was the same as before so nothing new there. Dr. Parkins and her staff once again impressed me with how caring they are and how they can make the process comfortable from start to finish. Again I am happy to report Thermiva is definitely helping my incontinence. The results are not as dramatic as the first treatment, but are still an improvement. My muscle tone is much better and I can now do Kegel exercises. I find this outcome amazing because previously I tried everything to help my incontinence. I went through a full 12 week pelvic floor rehab therapy treatment program at a prestigious medical center. Insurance did not cover the cost and I paid thousands of dollars. The results were minimal at best. I have tried a pessary and just about everything else I could find. Nothing has worked like Thermiva. It has truly been life changing for me. I still wear a small pad when I run or workout, but nothing like I had to previously. I am so happy that I have had this done and only wish I had done it sooner.
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Parkins a mother herself was incredible understanding and gentle about this process. Her and her staff made sure I was comfortable at all times. They were incredibly caring and supportive before, during, and after the procedure. They never "sold" me on ThermiVa, just made sure I was very informed. Dr. Parkins answered all of my questions and provided me with honest straightforward information. I was very impressed at her calm and caring demeanor. I can't imagine going to another doctor for this.