I Love my Juvederm. - Dayton, OH

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I was SO afraid to do it but was alarmed to see...

I was SO afraid to do it but was alarmed to see that the face I had gotten used to hearing was so "pretty" wasn't anymore. I looked tired. It was that simple. I was a year over 35 and looked plain old tired. I tried all the wrinkle creams, bought a Suzzane S. machine, a dermawand, a sonic facial brush system, and all the exfoliators I could stand and guess what? They don't have a chance against gravity.

I'm poor as a churchmouse and could just weep at the cost but I feel so much BETTER about how I look everyday. I still look like me but rested. People kept telling me how much younger I looked... A backhanded compliment but I did understand it. Tired, on me, looks older.

It hurts like crazy, I just take the ice. The first time I had it done, I couldn't move my face very much; it was funny as my lips were a bit duck like and stiff since she went into the corners of my mouth for filling. Mine lasted for a solid 8-9 months before I was looking at myself with one eye again. I waited until month 12 to go back, but I still didn't look as haggard as I had when I first walked in that first time. The price I quoted was for two syringes. I'm having a bit of surgery soon and know that will show some stress on the ole mug so will be going in for a "top-up" in a month or two, just to look fresh for summer. My Derm is careful, fast and experienced. I couldn't ask for more (unless it were for the price to drop just a bit. Seems very expensive after one considers even just the perscription cost).

I guess I took it for granted...

That my Derm was amazing. She took advantage of me in the end.
So, the first year I went, all went great, as I stated. Year two was good; I didn't seem to need as much, which was a good thing. Year three, it was ok.
I moved 400 miles away year four. Still, I didn't want to give up the dr that had made me confident again, so I made the appointment, got the hotel/rental car, etc, and set off to Dayton to get the early top off.
I go in, and everything is normal initially. I was taken to the back, and that is when all of the extra activity began.
1st- She NEVER had three people in the room prior. This day, she did.
2nd- Two of the nurses she had in the room were merely there to keep my face iced, which of course to me would feel as the lido in the filler would feel(Numbing due to the cold) and since she charges $50-60 for numbing creme, I got accustomed to the ice.
3rd- No actual numbing from any of the injections. None. Nada.
4th- No change from the injections; just hot little spots on my face. NO change at all.
They handed me a mirror, and there was no difference. No swelling, numbness. All of the places that needed to be addressed, still needed to be. o much so, that when I went to the car and my husband asked to see, the only thing said was, "You don't look any different this time". I tried to give the benefit of the doubt- hoping that someone I trusted wouldn't do such a thing, but in my heart, I knew I had been taken.
The thing is, she knew that this was my once-a-year treat to myself, the thing I did to not feel as hideous as I sometimes am told daily I am. I am just a (literally), poor woman who tried to raise two good sailors and have some semblance of pretty in my life. I don't have that type of money to give to someone for saline; I have to save to give that cash EVERY YEAR and that simply isn't easy.
To this day, I wish I would have just said, SOMETHING. I don't know what.
All I can do is type this review, cry, and add it to the list of really wrong things that invade/d my life, and disturb my sleep.
I could see if I were using some kind of discount, but I never paid any less than full price...
Dayton Dermatologic Surgeon

Appointments take a few weeks; hate that. Office wait is usually under 25 minutes. Can't give a good rating to a Derm that isn't forthright.