**Liposculpture** 36 Y.o. 2 Kids; Wanted to Get Back to "Me"

I have an 11 year old and a 2.5 yr old. After my...

I have an 11 year old and a 2.5 yr old. After my 1st I dropped weight quickly this last time was different probably due to age. I've always worked out some and ate pretty healthy. I'm a pharmacist so I'm into being "healthy". I had a 6 pack when I became pregnant the 2nd time and I wanted to get back to that. I hate shopping and having to try everything on now. I stalked this site and googled several Drs before deciding on Dr. Michael Rodriguez. (1 consultation was all I needed after meeting him and Claudia). I made up my mind, I was going to do lipo on my back, abs, waist, and hips. I scheduled my procedure for Sept. 4, 2015. I started taking arnica, vitK, vit c, vit D, and b 100 complex 2 weeks prior.

Day 5 post op

It's my 2nd day back to work and I get through my 12 hour shifts standing all day with just Tylenol and ibuprofen. I think going back to work has helped loosen me up. I'm starting lymphatic massage in a few days, looking forward to softening the hard spots. Pain just feels like I worked out a lot. I still can't get out of bed/car easily though. I wish I could fast forward past the swelling too lol. The pictures I post now compare preop to day 5 post op.

Rewind to day of procedure

I realize I didn't tell you about my actual procedure.....here goes. I was so nervous the night before that I took a piece of one my Xanax pills to sleep. The next morning I ate breakfast, took my antibiotic and headed over to my 8:30am appt. I arrived, filled out paperwork, was given a pregnancy test, one Xanax, and some zofran by mouth by the nurse. The Dr came in sat and talked with me and took pictures. He asked what kind of music I liked, they had an entire playlist! The nurse put a sedative in my iv and I remember feeling kind of drunk. I remember the dr, nurse, and I singing along to Beyonce then I guess I fell asleep lol. I woke up at some point and saw 2 containers full of liquefied fat. No pain at all yet! I then felt a little uncomfortable and asked for more pain medication in my iv. I remember being told to turn on my side and I was awake while my back was being done but no pain, awake but out of it. Dr. Rodriguez and his nurse were wonderful the entire time. I don't remember them putting on my garment and clothes but I kind of remember her wheeling me to my ride and putting me in the car. The worst part of the entire experience is wearing the compression garment!! I plan to wear mine 3 months for best results so I gotta get used to it quick lol. Until next time...

Lymphatic massage 7 days post op and new CG

I came across a woman in Ft. Lauderdale that makes custom garments and does lymphatic massage, Tara's Wellness Center. Thank goodness I did. She measured me and made my new garment while I was being massaged. She said the one I had was too big which is why it was cutting me, I thought it was too small lol. So on to my massage, she's very holistic which I like .....first she rubbed a gel over me that contained coffee, arnica, and calendula. I then was wrapped in towels and laid in a heated blanket for 30 minutes in the dark with spa music playing, very relaxing. I was really sweaty. She said it promotes drainage and makes the massage not hurt as much. Then I was moved into the massage room, her daughter is the massage therapist. She poured a tea over my abdomen, I think calendula and chamomile. Then used an ultrasound machine with some sort of instrument stick, (I don't know how to describe it) and rubbed that over me. It felt good. Then the massage with arnica gel was last. She did my abdomen and back. It was a good hurt, it did hurt but after I felt soooo much more loose and soft. Overall a very nice experience. Anyone in South Florida go see Tara!

8 days post op

Still difficult getting in and out of car/bed but overall I'm getting around a LOT better because of my massage. My waist and back look awesome. I hope my stomach goes down more, it's only been a week but I'm impatient I guess.

8 days post op cont

11 days post op

Feeling better everyday. Looking forward to my follow up appt tomorrow and another massage. Loving my new back and waist, waiting for the stomach swelling to go down more. But overall feeling more like myself just a burning sensation when I yawn

3 weeks post op

I'm getting soooo many compliments. I still have some tenderness in my waist. I'm still getting my massages too. I'm starting the 21 day fix Friday to lose 10 lbs, wish me luck!

7 weeks post op

Overall I'm doing well. The tenderness in my waist feels like a stretching burn especially when I get up from laying down, anyone experiencing this? I still get my massages and lymphatic drainage, probably because of like the me time. I will post her contact info in a picture, this is the same place that does custom garments
Plantation Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very hip, easy going dr. He knew the exact look I was going for.